/ Forums
New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Oculus 1.12 Release Notes

cyberealitycybereality Posts: 21,990 Oculus Staff
edited February 28 in General
  • Features:
    • In Oculus Store, you can now report user reviews as spam.
    • You'll no longer have to leave VR to finish installing new apps and games when they're done downloading if you have administrator privileges on your Windows User Account.
    • You can now mirror audio out of the Rift headset to your computer speakers, under Settings -> Devices in the Oculus app.
  • Bug-fixes:
    • Improved Oculus Home
      • Fixed issue with the appearance of Oculus Home on first launch.
    • Improved tracking quality with Oculus Rift and Touch.
      • Fixed several issues causing height and position to move while in VR. These issues were side effects of improvements made to recalibration in 1.11, especially in cases where one sensor was particularly far away. We improved that process to be smoother and more reliable. We will continue to work on further improvements in these areas.
    • Improved support for Unity content.
      • Fixed freezing and black-screen issues when switching back to an app or game from Universal Menu, or when un-pausing an app or game.
      • Fixed texture rendering and color rendering issues for certain types of overlays.
    • Improved support for Unreal Engine UE4 content.
      • Fixed flickering issue when Asynchronous SpaceWarp is active on lower-spec systems.
      • Fixed rendering efficiency issue with intermediate render targets.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Comments

• elbofforelboffor Posts: 2,194 Valuable Player
    edited February 27
    Loving the release notes buddy.
    Some good detail there :)

Now just waiting patiently for it to drop :)

Edit:
    What i particularly like about these release notes is the detail around why it didnt work previously. This is the type of detail that should be included with every change.

For my work i have to document all the changes i do and their related impact, these are then used not only in release notes but also in my yearly appraisals (nothing motivates people more than wage increases)
    Maybe you could put that idea forward at your next round table.

One thing that isnt mentioned is 4 sensors, according to the beta testers the laggy hands has been fixed, do you have any input on that?
    If so then thats the sort of stuff that should be in the notes. 

Either way, fantastic to see them posted in line with the software roll out :)
    This is my forum signature.
    There are many others like it, but this is mine.
  • BlaineMillerBlaineMiller Posts: 20
    Lawnmower Man (or Woman)
    Its Happening! 
  • GrimdanfangoGrimdanfango Posts: 67
    Hiro Protagonist
    Whoop!  Hopefully I can finally spend some time enjoying the Rift, rather than the forums!
    Whoop!  Hopefully I can finally spend some time enjoying the Rift, rather than the forums!
    We only buy the hardware to justify these forums buddy.
    This is the game, did you not know this?
  • roadczarroadczar Posts: 68
    Hiro Protagonist
    Thanks - best way to quiet ;) the crowd. 
  • hoochyukhoochyuk Posts: 330 Poster of the Week
    Look forward to giving it s bash
  • flexy123flexy123 Posts: 576 Poster of the Week
    ""
    Fixed several issues causing height and position to move while in VR. These issues were side effects of improvements made to recalibration in 1.11, especially in cases where one sensor was particularly far away.
    ""

BRILLIANT! I would have been the perfect beta tester. Thanks, can't wait to try out!
  • mikeferchakmikeferchak Posts: 2
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    • Fixed flickering issue when Asynchronous SpaceWarp is active on lower-spec systems.
    Is this related to adaptive pd going crazy with ASW enabled, or is it something else?
  • SanbornSanborn Posts: 58
    Hiro Protagonist
    Ive been using 1.12 beta the last week, it's honestly awesome!
  • GibStormGibStorm Posts: 29
    Lawnmower Man (or Woman)
    It is SO annoying not being able to force an update!
  • sparky1570sparky1570 Posts: 4
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    "Features:
      • In Oculus Store, you can now report user reviews as spam."
    you cant even send some one messages, how can they spam you?
    As in an inappropriate message
  • kogermaxkogermax Posts: 74
    Hiro Protagonist
    Didnt they say they had 2 updates for us in feb? this just seems like a 1.11+fix of what they broke with 1.11...  

id like to be able to talk to my friends on the friendlist soon... or write..
  • HankTVHankTV Posts: 15
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    Finaly the 180 degree stutter is gone. Got to do the whole setup from startup again to have a proper update. But it allready proofed me some smooth hand shakes. Yeaya!!
  • Adinsx12Adinsx12 Posts: 65
    Hiro Protagonist
    @cybereality should those that participated in the alpha testing be expecting  an update from our current versions? mine specifically is at 1.12.0.347528 (1.12.0.347531)
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 21,990 Oculus Staff
    edited February 27
    I'm not 100% sure, but I don't believe there were many changes since the alpha.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • CAM-VRCAM-VR Posts: 7
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
  • AlehandoroAlehandoro Posts: 30
    Lawnmower Man (or Woman)
    edited February 27
    @Adinsx12 the first Alpha version they released was 1.12.0.346311 (1.12.0.346311) and on Saturday / Sunday they released 1.12.0.347528 (1.12.0.347531). So possibly the Saturday / Sunday version is the Beta that they have released today for everyone.
  • YoLolo69YoLolo69 Posts: 671
    Neo
    Ok, for me so far so good after around 2 1/2h of playing, with around 2h of Arizona Sunshine played for the first time as 360 degrees (3 sensors) by turning in real life. It wasn't wanted as I always stay front facing, but here I forgive which side I was and that was good.

I had only one glitch, a big one, at the middle of my session : Guardian, the World and my hand touching guardian on my right side started to move, or slide, smoothly up and down, they did that 2 or 3 times and in around 5 seconds (from start of glitch) it fixed by itself. I was facing my front right sensor. Not a big deal, day and night with 1.11.

This apart it was perfect! good, thanks Oculus Team! :)

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

• AndrewJ71AndrewJ71 Posts: 279
    Nexus 6
    And now we have somebody to blame of there's problems with 1.12.  ;)

Those darn Alpha testers told us all it was great!!!!!  :D  :p
  • AltephfourAltephfour Posts: 15
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    The waiting is killing me. Havent really touched mine since 1.11 as I had a lot of tracking issues. Hope this fixes it but the waiting is painful.
    Hiro Protagonist
    yea really hope they can nail down the software issues down for everyone because i know that, beyond wanting to use our $800+ product, we want to  be able to support oculus with what they are doing to be pioneers in the vr market! Very rarely does something like VR come along and really set a new bar entirely as far as an entertainment medium goes. Nothing quite like it once you experience it. No matter which VR platform your using, im sure we all were equally "wowed" the first time we tried the technology, whether it was with the Vive, Rift, Gear VR, or any of the oculus precursors, we want to believe that this technology is worth the investment (and all the bumps in the road it may take for the technology to get to a state where it truly shines for everyone)
  • XsjadiaXsjadia Posts: 325
    Nexus 6
    I hate to revive this question, but does anyone know how the updates roll out? I thought I read someone say that they'll do it in the next 12 hours, but that's kind of a ridiculous time to wait.

Anxious to try out the new update would be an understatement. 5 hours since the patch notes went live, and still *trying* to wait patiently for my update :)
    PC Specs:
    Intel i7-6700k @ 4.5 Ghz
    Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 3 Motherboard
    GTX 1080
    16 GB RAM @ 3200 Mhz
    Startech 4-port/4-USB controller add-on card
    3-Sensor, Roomscale Setup
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 21,990 Oculus Staff
    edited February 28
    Please check the original post again. It has been slightly updated. Thanks.
  • GrimdanfangoGrimdanfango Posts: 67
    Hiro Protagonist
    *le sigh*... still rolling out?  Fair enough to do it in batches, but wouldn't it be worth prioritizing people who have been logging in repeatedly for 5 hours?  :p
  • JoeManji08JoeManji08 Posts: 62
    Hiro Protagonist
    • Features:
      • You can now mirror audio out of the Rift headset to your computer speakers, under Settings -> Devices in the Oculus app.
    Nice, no more Voicemeeter when I want to show stuff to my wife/friends!
  • Arock387Arock387 Posts: 666
    Trinity
    Love how its released.  Hate how i still dont have it? 

• BlaineMillerBlaineMiller Posts: 20
    Lawnmower Man (or Woman)
    I don't have it either.  Does it usually take this long after its released?
    Hiro Protagonist
    I don't have it either.  Does it usually take this long after its released?
    it can take more than a few hours for it to reach everyone. Maybe longer.

• JoeManji08JoeManji08 Posts: 62
    Hiro Protagonist
    Wasn't the last one a couple days getting out to everyone?