/ Forums
New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Oculus PC 1.12 going live today

nmitchellnmitchell Posts: 16 Oculus Staff
edited February 27 in General

Hey, everyone - I wanted to share a short update on 1.12, which we’re starting to roll out to everyone today.

Based on our testing, we believe 1.12 should improve tracking quality - especially for 3 sensor setups - and address the recent issues that some users were experiencing with 1.11. This release also includes a number of improvements under the hood. You can check out the full 1.12 release notes here: https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/50132/oculus-1-12-release-notes/p1 

This was also the first time that we invited select folks in the community to help us test ahead of the official release. A huge thank you for all the feedback we received - it was helpful in getting the release more quickly. We’re looking forward to doing more of this in the future. 

We roll out to everyone in phases to make sure everything is working as intended. As with any new release, there are a handful of small known issues that we'll continue to work through. We appreciate all the feedback, keep it coming. 

Thank you!

Nate

Comments

• Storm_CloudStorm_Cloud Posts: 641 Poster of the Week
    Can I say whoop? I want to say whoop. WHOOP!

Glad you've seen the benefits of using in the field testers, good to hear you intend to continue with this method. From our point our view it has also helped to hear feedback from some of those testers and stay encouraged as we see progress being made. 

We look forward to putting this all behind us and focusing more on the experiences than the problems.

Now when are you going to get us out of BETA? :wink:
  • elbofforelboffor Posts: 2,052 Valuable Player
    edited February 27

But never mind that, when is this wave gonna hit the UK? I want to get me some good tracking :pensive:
    Awesome for the update tho nate-dawg, we really do appreciate you taking the time to post it.
    This is my forum signature.
    There are many others like it, but this is mine.
  • Mr.CreepyMr.Creepy Posts: 778
    Neo
    Yes finally :smiley: Hope it mostly fixes my issues, I'm positive it will be an improvement anyway. Now I feel a little more positive, since I'll admit my patience was wearing thin.
  • thatdude90210thatdude90210 Posts: 146
    Art3mis
    Anyone on the West coast (USA) get it yet? Can't check since I'm not home at the moment. 
  • Kano_ConnorKano_Connor Posts: 19
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    FINALLY! I'm sick  of these forums and sending logs, I think I may stay away from brand new tech for a while (He says whilst simultaneously looking at AMD Ryzen CPU's) lol 
  • korgen63korgen63 Posts: 40
    Lawnmower Man (or Woman)
    Let's hope 4 sensors issues will be resolved...
  • kojackkojack Posts: 3,297 Volunteer Moderator
    Awesome.
    nmitchell said:
    This was also the first time that we invited select folks in the community to help us test ahead of the official release.
    We used to have an alpha program where select folks in the community tested new releases for two weeks before they came out. But this ended after the 0.8 release, the group has been inactive since october 2015 (all of the 1.x series).

• WormSlayerWormSlayer Posts: 50
    Hiro Protagonist

• snowdogsnowdog Posts: 1,471 Poster of the Week
    Nice! I was hoping it would start to roll out today!

I've currently got some financial issues which I was hoping was going to get sorted out this week but it's looking like it's going to be months now which has really pissed me off. Means I can't afford to get myself a third sensor until May or June now. Oh well, hopefully there'll be more updates and 3 sensor tracking will be perfect by then lol :smiley:
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
    snowdog said:
    Waffle waffle waffle
    Post a pic of your beard!

You never know tho, 2 sensor roomscale moght be dramatically improved by this update also
  • CalibosCalibos Posts: 41
    Lawnmower Man (or Woman)
    elboffor said:

But never mind that, when is this wave gonna hit the UK? I want to get me some good tracking :pensive:
    Awesome for the update tho nate-dawg, we really do appreciate you taking the time to post it.
    Mine updated to 1.12 as soon as I started Oculus Home tonight at about 10pm. (Ireland) I always seem to be in the first wave for updates.
  • Kano_ConnorKano_Connor Posts: 19
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    Calibos said:
    elboffor said:

Mine updated to 1.12 as soon as I started Oculus Home tonight at about 10pm. (Ireland) I always seem to be in the first wave for updates.
    awesome dude, which country do you like in, still waiting in UK
  • Storm_CloudStorm_Cloud Posts: 641 Poster of the Week

awesome dude, which country do you like in, still waiting in UK
    I'd go for Ireland :wink:
  • Gravity1368Gravity1368 Posts: 17
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    I hope this update comes my way fast, would like to use my rift again lol.
  • AlehandoroAlehandoro Posts: 30
    Lawnmower Man (or Woman)
    @nmitchell Thank you for keeping in mind the community.

I told the person with whom I contacted through the Ticket system when they proposed to participate in the pre-beta, the Oculus team has done a great job with 1.12.

Congratulations all the team.

Today I played 1h and 30min to the Arizona Sunshine and the tracking has been perfect, I have not had a single jump
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 1,471 Poster of the Week
    elboffor said:
    snowdog said:
    Waffle waffle waffle
    Post a pic of your beard!

You never know tho, 2 sensor roomscale moght be dramatically improved by this update also
    Done!

http://i.imgur.com/ZdQRi1R.jpg

:smiley:

Posted after someone bit me. I've been really hungry since then too for some reason...
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
    Sexy
  • e_m_d88e_m_d88 Posts: 360
    Trinity
    How is the new update? 
    ASUS Sabertooth Z170 S, i5 6600K. 16 gigs ram DDR-4 3000 MHZ. SSD Samsung 850 Pro 256 gigs. WD Caviar Black 1 TB. Windows 10 PRO 64-bit. Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1, Acer Predator XG270HU 1440p@144 hz, Phanteks Enthoo Pro case. EVGA Supernova 750 G2 PSU. Inatech 4 port USB 3.0.  Rift + Touch.
  • GrimdanfangoGrimdanfango Posts: 67
    Hiro Protagonist
    e_m_d88 said:
    How is the new update? 
    Like watching a pot until it boils, for the moment.
  • XsjadiaXsjadia Posts: 325
    Nexus 6
    Still waiting here too... was really looking forward to playing in VR today with the new patch.
    PC Specs:
    Intel i7-6700k @ 4.5 Ghz
    Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 3 Motherboard
    GTX 1080
    16 GB RAM @ 3200 Mhz
    Startech 4-port/4-USB controller add-on card
    3-Sensor, Roomscale Setup
  • doonanerdoonaner Posts: 7
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    Still waiting to play some vr I can't play because I'm one of the people plagued with the bugs in the current patch :-(
  • MrJoseyMrJosey Posts: 9
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    I'm not seeing an update. I'm in Vancouver, Canada. Also, if you use a VPN, can you access updates earlier with other regions?
  • Sinstalker21Sinstalker21 Posts: 253 Poster of the Week
    MrJosey said:
    I'm not seeing an update. I'm in Vancouver, Canada. Also, if you use a VPN, can you access updates earlier with other regions?
    Last one, i think, took a wk to get completely out.
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    MrJosey said:
    Last one, i think, took a wk to get completely out.
    I sure as H E double hockey sticks don't want to wait a week to play some VR. I paid a premium price for this thing and sure would love to use it.
  • XsjadiaXsjadia Posts: 325
    Nexus 6
    Can we change the title of this thread to "Oculus PC 1.12 starts rolling out today to some users"

Title is misleading
    PC Specs:
    Intel i7-6700k @ 4.5 Ghz
    Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 3 Motherboard
    GTX 1080
    16 GB RAM @ 3200 Mhz
    Startech 4-port/4-USB controller add-on card
    3-Sensor, Roomscale Setup
  • NizZ8NizZ8 Posts: 11
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    Xsjadia said:
    Can we change the title of this thread to "Oculus PC 1.12 starts rolling out today to some users"

Title is misleading
    yeah agree, have spent the past 6 hours closing and opening the Oculus app, along with rebooting, installing PIA VPN app to try and connect to several regions to get the update and no joy so far.
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    NizZ8 said:
    Xsjadia said:

Title is misleading
    yeah agree, have spent the past 6 hours closing and opening the Oculus app, along with rebooting, installing PIA VPN app to try and connect to several regions to get the update and no joy so far.
    I've been doing the same thing as well to no avail. :-(
  • NacaryusNacaryus Posts: 133
    Art3mis
    Well, glad i ordered the 3rd sensor then  :D
  • bosy.princbosy.princ Posts: 14
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    Great, thanks for the update. It works really very well!