cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus PC 1.12 going live today

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey, everyone - I wanted to share a short update on 1.12, which we’re starting to roll out to everyone today.

Based on our testing, we believe 1.12 should improve tracking quality - especially for 3 sensor setups - and address the recent issues that some users were experiencing with 1.11. This release also includes a number of improvements under the hood. You can check out the full 1.12 release notes here: https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/50132/oculus-1-12-release-notes/p1 ;

This was also the first time that we invited select folks in the community to help us test ahead of the official release. A huge thank you for all the feedback we received - it was helpful in getting the release more quickly. We’re looking forward to doing more of this in the future. 

We roll out to everyone in phases to make sure everything is working as intended. As with any new release, there are a handful of small known issues that we'll continue to work through. We appreciate all the feedback, keep it coming. 

Thank you!

Nate

75 REPLIES 75

Sax-a-boom
Rising Star
Can I say whoop? I want to say whoop. WHOOP!

Glad you've seen the benefits of using in the field testers, good to hear you intend to continue with this method. From our point our view it has also helped to hear feedback from some of those testers and stay encouraged as we see progress being made. 

We look forward to putting this all behind us and focusing more on the experiences than the problems.

Now when are you going to get us out of BETA? :wink:

elboffor
Consultant

But never mind that, when is this wave gonna hit the UK? I want to get me some good tracking :pensive:
Awesome for the update tho nate-dawg, we really do appreciate you taking the time to post it.
This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.

Mr_Creepy
Rising Star
Yes finally :smiley: Hope it mostly fixes my issues, I'm positive it will be an improvement anyway. Now I feel a little more positive, since I'll admit my patience was wearing thin.

thatdude90210
Protege
Anyone on the West coast (USA) get it yet? Can't check since I'm not home at the moment. 

Kano_Connor
Explorer
FINALLY! I'm sick  of these forums and sending logs, I think I may stay away from brand new tech for a while (He says whilst simultaneously looking at AMD Ryzen CPU's) lol 

korgen63
Protege
Let's hope 4 sensors issues will be resolved...

elboffor
Consultant
The devil agrees
lyfj28kksxgs.jpg
This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.

kojack
MVP
MVP
Awesome.

nmitchell said:

This was also the first time that we invited select folks in the community to help us test ahead of the official release.

We used to have an alpha program where select folks in the community tested new releases for two weeks before they came out. But this ended after the 0.8 release, the group has been inactive since october 2015 (all of the 1.x series).

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2