cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Sound on right headphone :(

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Guys (and Girls),
I turned on my Oculus today and noticed I had no sound on the right headphone.
- I have removed headset cable and replugged in
- Rebooted PC,
- Restarted Oculus Service,
- Checked the Volume levels for left and right balance.

Anybody got any suggestions, It was working yesterday and wasnt dropped...!

Is there any way to check the sound connection to headphones?

Many Thanks in advance. 
15 REPLIES 15

elboffor
Consultant
Try removing, cleaning the connections then refitting the headphone. It unscrews with that small plastic driver that came with the rift
This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.

There's been a few of these - you might want to do a search and see if any have had happy endings.  Always start with a support ticket - warranties aren't going to last forever.
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

vannagirl
Consultant
yes i would no waste too much time on looking answers,
open a ticket this one often ends in a new cv1 of what i remember in threads
Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 

assettomio
Adventurer
Same here, it just died, never put the sound level above 30, and its usually between 10 and 20.. Tried several things already but nothing..
I wonder if this time they will cover it under warranty, since last time my facial interface started falling apart, I was told by the guy that "I was free to order a bottle of glue and fix it myself"

Edit:
Have you tried switching the left and right headphones around to see what the result is?
I just did, and if I put the left headphone on the right and right on the left, it's the same result, so there must be a broken connection inside the right itself or the usb cable, maybe inside the "strap" or whatever it's called that the headphones are screwed onto

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same here, it just died, never put the sound level above 30, and its usually between 10 and 20.. Tried several things already but nothing..
I wonder if this time they will cover it under warranty, since last time my facial interface started falling apart, I was told by the guy that "I was free to order a bottle of glue and fix it myself"

Edit:
Have you tried switching the left and right headphones around to see what the result is?
I just did, and if I put the left headphone on the right and right on the left, it's the same result, so there must be a broken connection inside the right itself or the usb cable, maybe inside the "strap" or whatever it's called that the headphones are screwed onto

I think its the cable, as sometime comes on when headset is removed, put on...then cuts out the same way.
Loose wire, or damaged wire inside main cable.

Jokergod2000
Adventurer
It's a connection inside the headset. I had that issue and received a replacement. Put in a ticket.

assettomio
Adventurer

Panoramus said:

Edit:

I think its the cable, as sometime comes on when headset is removed, put on...then cuts out the same way.
Loose wire, or damaged wire inside main cable.

Hm well I hope so for you mate, a cable would be a much easier fix, so you might have a replacement faster

jumbli
Heroic Explorer
This happened to me as well and I got a replacement. Support was quick to respond and arrange a return / replacement. Save time by trying the suggestions mentioned above and include details in your first support ticket:
1) Remove headphone and clean connections
2) Make sure it's nice and tight when re-fitting
3) Try swapping right / left headphone to make sure it's not the actual headphone
4) Try using external headphones just to make sure they work and it's not software.
Developer of Dimensional, The Relentless, Breath Tech, Jigsaw 360 View my dev blog at JumbliVR.com

Anonymous
Not applicable

jumbli said:

This happened to me as well and I got a replacement. Support was quick to respond and arrange a return / replacement. Save time by trying the suggestions mentioned above and include details in your first support ticket:
1) Remove headphone and clean connections
2) Make sure it's nice and tight when re-fitting
3) Try swapping right / left headphone to make sure it's not the actual headphone
4) Try using external headphones just to make sure they work and it's not software.

Thanks, I've tried 1,2 and 4. I will give no 3 a go in a bit.