/ Forums
New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Raw Data on Oculus Home

elbofforelboffor Posts: 1,727 Poster of the Week
Hey all,

It's been launched as cross compatible now :)

It's a shame they are not giving out OH keys for it though :(

Does sanyone have it on oculus home yet?
It'd be cool to see how this works with cross compatibility
This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.

Comments

• YoLolo69YoLolo69 Posts: 594
    Neo
    I'm waiting feedback too ;) Devs said versions are the same using Oculus SDK on Steam too so that's why they don't provide key for OH.

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

• elbofforelboffor Posts: 1,727 Poster of the Week
    well it does now show the correct controllers, it launched natively before and stil does. I'm currently building a new launcher for it so we dont have to drop to launch it in steam. will add to my multitool shortly :P
    added a little something something to my multitool :)
    leave OH to launch games indeed - pfft!

• WildtWildt Posts: 740 Poster of the Week
    edited March 17
    elboffor said:
    It's a shame they are not giving out OH keys for it though :(
    AHA! I see you crying about it too :tongue:

I wonder if my 0.6 closed beta on OH has been disabled or updated now. Will check when I get home.

Regardless, I agree with you - I'd also happily trade in my Steam version for a OH key.
    I was also crying about it on steam, same place as you lol
    Yeah, that's what I meant :lol:

Anywho, maybe we should take our frustrations out on some robots in coop some day :wink:

I agree wholeheartedly
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 2,398 Valuable Player
    edited March 17
    Oh cool, I didn't realize this had launched on Home already (been out of the loop for several days). I'd go look for it on the web store, but...*

Anyone who has the OH version, any feedback? Does it have better Touch integration than the Steam version?

*Edit: I was in luck, it's at the top in the Featured section, so I didn't have to go digging for it. Unfortunately, the web store doesn't show reviews, so no feedback there. Looks pretty good, though, so I think I'll grab this over the weekend.
    i7 5820K 4.25 GHz | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair LPX 32GB DDR4 3000 | Corsair Hydro H100i | Corsair HX750
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Samsung 850 Evo SSD 1 TB | Samsung 840 Evo SSD 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3TB
    My Oculus Medium sketchbook thread, and my Oculus Medium Gallery
    @nalex66 it's basically the same version.
  • kevink808kevink808 Posts: 781 Poster of the Week
    elboffor said:
    I was also crying about it on steam, same place as you lol
    Ha! You got Steamed.
    Currently playing: Witcher 3 & DOOM | Gear: Liquid cooled MSI Z170A PC Mate | Intel i7-6700K | 32GB DDR4 SDRAM 3000 Mhz | GeForce GTX 1080, Acer Predator XB241H G-Sync, Rift/Touch/3 cams.
    edited March 17
    My OH beta install has been auto-removed :(

To be expected tho..  time to re-install the steam version.
  • MowTinMowTin Posts: 181
    Art3mis
    How does Raw Data compare to Robo Recall? They look like similar games.

I tried Raw Data months ago on Steam but had to return it because touch controller was not supported. My gun didn't point correctly. 
  • CyrilCyril Posts: 941
    Neo
    edited March 20

MowTin said:
    I tried Raw Data months ago on Steam but had to return it because touch controller was not supported. My gun didn't point correctly. 
    I often get that issue (hand item pointing 90° downwards towards the floor). Even on Oculus Store titles like "Affected : The Manor", where I have to point the torch handle (Touch handle) towards the ceiling to make the virtual torch point straight towards me.

Makes me think that an evolution of the Touch controllers, would be to allow the Touch's circular ring (the one with the tracking leds) to rotate up to 270° around the Touch handle, so you could freely choose your favorite handling position (and weight distribution) for each title.
    edited March 20
    FYI for anybody who might be reading these last couple of posts and avoiding Raw Data - the current version (0.6) has fine Touch support with correct weapon angles etc.
  • kevink808kevink808 Posts: 781 Poster of the Week
    That's strange, I didn't have any such issues with Affected on Oculus Home.  Worked great, can't say much positive for the shallow "game" itself, but the mechanics were good.
    Currently playing: Witcher 3 & DOOM | Gear: Liquid cooled MSI Z170A PC Mate | Intel i7-6700K | 32GB DDR4 SDRAM 3000 Mhz | GeForce GTX 1080, Acer Predator XB241H G-Sync, Rift/Touch/3 cams.
  • MowTinMowTin Posts: 181
    Art3mis
    Wildt said:
    FYI for anybody who might be reading these last couple of posts and avoiding Raw Data - the current version (0.6) has fine Touch support with correct weapon angles etc.
    Will the final version still be wave based? When is the 1.0 version expected? 
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 5,758 Power Poster
    This seems like a cool game. But every time I get close to buying it... I play Robo Recall instead :*
    No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it.
    edited March 21
    I bought and downloaded it late last night. Just played a bit of it tonight. Seems pretty good, but less polished than Robo Recall.

I'm a little confused about the mission structure--I did the tutorial, but then it's not clear what you're intended to do next. The menus could do with being a little clearer. I'm not sure if there is an intended order to go through the missions or if you just randomly click on any of the various 'notifications' and then do the mission attached to it.

I did a SP mission that may or may not have been the proper "first" mission, which had me using the shotgun character. That gun is a pain in the ass to pump properly (after every shot). So many times I tried to shoot but didn't have a shell chambered.

Prior to that one, I also got invited into a MP mission by a guy in the lobby, but I had a connection error and got dumped back to the lobby half-way through the mission.

Anyway, it was pretty fun, if a little frustrating. Will play again.  :)
    i7 5820K 4.25 GHz | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair LPX 32GB DDR4 3000 | Corsair Hydro H100i | Corsair HX750
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Samsung 850 Evo SSD 1 TB | Samsung 840 Evo SSD 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3TB
  • n3cr0-0n3cr0-0 Posts: 158
    Art3mis
    @nalex66 I find the shotgun guy to be the worst!

All in all alright wave shooter I guess.
    n3cr0-0 said:
    @nalex66 I find the shotgun guy to be the worst!
    Generally I like shotguns in FPS games, but that pump action is just difficult to use. It sticks in the pulled position and doesn't return all the way, which means you pull the trigger and just get a click. When you're doing a two-handed movement while holding a virtual object between both hands, the game needs to be a little more forgiving. A quick flick of the forward hand should always register as a completed pump. (I'd prefer if you only had to pump once after reloading rather than for every shot, but I guess it's a balance issue.)
  • n3cr0-0n3cr0-0 Posts: 158
    Art3mis
    I actually agree with you quite a bit, could be designed a lot better to make that character great. As of now the other two characters are awesome maybe in upcoming updates they will fix that issue... maybe I will find a different game by then. We shall see B)
  • Stryker1000Stryker1000 Posts: 263
    Nexus 6
    I think its about bloody time TF2 had full VR support !  t would be bloody awesome
    I think its about bloody time TF2 had full VR support !  t would be bloody awesome
    Pretty off topic for this thread, but I couldn't agree more :grin:

Did you play it on the DK2? It was awesome even with mouse/kb - with Touch it could be magic.