I'm doing generally OK but could use some advice on a few things, some Rift-specific, some not:
1. How do you all use the Galactic Map with the HMD? I can't figure out how you're supposed to select destinations from the map. I can choose a destination from the Transactions screen when looking at a Mission Description but it seems like I should be able to do it from the map itself. I can scroll the map sideways, and zoom in and out but haven't found any way to move it up and down. While moving it, what seems like random selections will become available at time and I can select those but see no way to explicitly aim at one. Is that just not possible with the HMD?
2. I'm currently using a Saitek X52 I have had for years. It's set to defaults in its profile and I'm using the X52 setup within the game. Anything better anyone recommends - different profile, newer HOTAS, etc? I'm finding a distinct lack of buttons to be a bother.
3. I notice a Controls option to Use Chaff Launcher. Does that mean if I bind a button to that it is no longer necessary to have it in a fire group bound to the primary or secondary trigger.
4. What is Headlook? Do I care about it with the Rift?
5. I started in Solo mode. Does that lock me into that mode for this Commander or can I change to Open mode at will?