/ Forums
New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

CV1 HDMI Issues using Mac Pro (Late 2013)

woogie2woogiewoogie2woogie Posts: 3
Virtual Boy (or Girl)
I have managed to get very close to getting my CV1 working with my Mac Pro (Late 2013) with Dual AMD Fire Pro D500s.  Using bootcamp and drivers from http://www.bootcampdrivers.com/, I have managed to get the Oculus installer/setup running, but when prompted to plug in my Oculus hardware, the HDMI connection doesn't get recognized.  All other usb connections come up fine.  

I have tried both plugging in directly to the HDMI port on the MacPro as well as using a HDMI to mini display adapter.  The headset does show up as a display in my device manager, but does not come up as a display in the display controls or the AMD Catalyst software.  The other weird part is that the AMD drivers seem to recognize that there is a headset plugged in, as it will label my other two monitors as displays 2 and 3, but will not show display 1 in the options (which I am assuming is the oculus headset).

Does anyone have any info/advice on possible fixes?

Comments

• woogie2woogiewoogie2woogie Posts: 3
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    Bump
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 21,334 Oculus Staff
    As far as I know, Mac hardware won't work at all (even under Bootcamp) due to not having compatible drivers. Sorry.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    PowerColor RX 480 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • woogie2woogiewoogie2woogie Posts: 3
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    As far as I know, Mac hardware won't work at all (even under Bootcamp) due to not having compatible drivers. Sorry.
    As I mentioned in my post, I have gotten the software to work using drivers I found online.  That doesnt seem to be the issue at hand.
  • XsjadiaXsjadia Posts: 325
    Nexus 6
    edited March 23
    I've messed around with bootcamp before, a little bit, and even though you can get an .exe to run on your Mac, it does not mean it is compatible with the Oculus Rift (can't even get all .exe's to run properly if I remember correctly).

Even though your Mac can emulate a Windows OS environment, much of the underlying hardware that keeps the OS running is not the same. Oculus has suggested Mac support for the future, but as of right now, it seems that it is not supported/compatible.
    PC Specs:
    Intel i7-6700k @ 4.5 Ghz
    Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 3 Motherboard
    GTX 1080
    16 GB RAM @ 3200 Mhz
    Startech 4-port/4-USB controller add-on card
    3-Sensor, Roomscale Setup
  • xWandererxxWandererx Posts: 336
    Nexus 6
    "cough" wot no apple vr? "cough"