/ Forums
New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Ripcoil: Community Tournament

ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 6,392 Power Poster
edited March 27 in Games and Apps
This thread will be used to host the first community tournament for the game, Ripcoil.

For the first few days we will be going through the sign-up process. So anyone interested in signing up, simply post here! We can ask @cybereality to grant a special forum title for first place. This will be a Single Elimination tournament, and if the turnout is good, I imagine a second Tournament would follow with a slightly more notable prize with a Double Elimination process.

Sign-up's are closed and the Tournament has begun!

You can track the Tournament here:
http://challonge.com/ripcoilvr01

Regarding Battle Schedules:
Once it is posted that you are up for a duel, simply coordinate with your opponent various times to best accommodate both of your schedules. Both of you will be given up to 5 days total to complete your battle, after which if no battle has taken place then the winner shall be determined by either who was most readily available during those 5 days, or simply via random selection.

Determining "who won"
When a battle is over, both players should report back to this thread with the name of the victor. If for some reason there is a dispute it will help to provide either a Screenshot or a Video of your match, so be sure to at least take a screenshot showing that "you won" as a backup. Videos are entirely optional and are typically shared as added fun factor; so feel free to share your match media for fun!

The Championship Battle rules:
For the final battle, this will be a Best of 3 engagement. Both players can agree to have all 3 battles back-to-back, or schedule them separately. The same 5-day rule applies per battle.

The winner will get a unique forum title. Good luck, have fun, practice, and kick arse!
No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it.
When I ask you what is 1+1, you will say, it depends on how much frog is in the water.
Tagged:

Comments

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 21,334 Oculus Staff
    Yeah, sounds like fun.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    PowerColor RX 480 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 2,560 Valuable Player
    I'm in!
    i7 5820K 4.25 GHz | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair LPX 32GB DDR4 3000 | Corsair Hydro H100i | Corsair HX750
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Samsung 850 Evo SSD 1 TB | Samsung 840 Evo SSD 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3TB
    My Oculus Medium sketchbook thread, and my Oculus Medium Gallery
  • ppotrcppotrc Posts: 24 Power Puncher
    I'm also in.
    Intel i7-5930k@4.4GHz | MSI X99A Godlike Gaming| G.Skill 64GB Trident Z DDR4-3200 | be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 1200W |
    Corsair Hydro H115i | GTX Titan X(maxwell) x2 | Intel 750 M.2 400GB | Seagate Enterprise HDD 6TB | CM Storm Stryker
  • mosiffmosiff Posts: 54 Poster of the Week
    All in !
  • flybooneflyboone Posts: 63 Quick Draw McGraw
    I'll do it
    Dead and Buried Quick Draw Chamion
  • elbofforelboffor Posts: 2,031 Valuable Player
    In
    This is my forum signature.
    There are many others like it, but this is mine.
  • JettStilesJettStiles Posts: 165
    Art3mis
    Me too
    Intel Xeon E3-1231v3 @ 3.40 Ghz -- Kingston Hyper X 8GB DDR3-1600 -- EVGA GTX980 ACX 2.0 -- Asus H97M-Plus -- Asus VG278H 120Hz 3D Monitor
  • CrashFuCrashFu Posts: 996 Poster of the Week
    Consider me interested!
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 6,392 Power Poster
    Cool, we have 8 total so far. This will already make for a fun tourny. Let's see if we can get a few more.
    When I ask you what is 1+1, you will say, it depends on how much frog is in the water.
  • rancid727rancid727 Posts: 17
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    i'll join that is if it runs at a time i can be threre
    The tournaments for this community run over the course of a week or longer, to accommodate peoples schedules.
  • Ultralow36Ultralow36 Posts: 6
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    i'm in....
  • mosiffmosiff Posts: 54 Poster of the Week
    Just a question. What times the tournament is going to run? I'm asking, because I live in Germany. 
  • JettStilesJettStiles Posts: 165
    Art3mis
    edited March 21
    mosiff said:
    Just a question. What times the tournament is going to run? I'm asking, because I live in Germany. 
    Don't worry too much about the time - you look up whom you are up against on the tournament bracket and then you two find a time when it suits you both (least that's the way we did it on the Dead & Buried Tournament).
    Intel Xeon E3-1231v3 @ 3.40 Ghz -- Kingston Hyper X 8GB DDR3-1600 -- EVGA GTX980 ACX 2.0 -- Asus H97M-Plus -- Asus VG278H 120Hz 3D Monitor
  • CrashFuCrashFu Posts: 996 Poster of the Week
    Think it'd be possible to record our matches to put together a highlight reel or something, without bogging down the performance of the person recording?
  • Hiro_Protag0nistHiro_Protag0nist Posts: 2,975 Valuable Player
    Add me, call me, i'm in!
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 2,560 Valuable Player
    CrashFu said:
    Think it'd be possible to record our matches to put together a highlight reel or something, without bogging down the performance of the person recording?
    A few of the guys recorded their Quickdraw matches in that tournament. Nvidia Share seems able to record without impacting performance too much.
    i7 5820K 4.25 GHz | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair LPX 32GB DDR4 3000 | Corsair Hydro H100i | Corsair HX750
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Samsung 850 Evo SSD 1 TB | Samsung 840 Evo SSD 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3TB
    My Oculus Medium sketchbook thread, and my Oculus Medium Gallery
    Quick bump to the thread, to give newcomers a chance to sign-up.

So far we have 11 participants, and I'd like to get up to 16 in order to make sure we don't have any First Round "byes." Although even if we do we can sort it out with extra matches towards the end.

Keep the sign up's coming!
    @Techy111 and @vannagirl why dont i see your names here?
    Also @Thug man up n get signed up :p
  • Techy111Techy111 Posts: 3,095 Valuable Player
    edited March 22
    Coz I is shite lol
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.
    And FlyInside Forum Admin.
  • KillCardKillCard Posts: 898 Poster of the Week
    I played like 2 hrs of this game at most .. but a tournament? sign me up! ...

How will rounds be handled? Will we all need to be on at the same time? or is this more of a people play when they're available sort of thing?
  • ThugThug Posts: 392
    Trinity
    Never played it yet, but willing to make a fool of myself.
    CPU: Intel i7-5820k @3.30GHz,
    Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce GTX1080,
    RAM: 16GB DDR5,
    Viewed on: Oculus Rift or 28" Dell monitor (x2),
    Hard Drive: 240GB OCZ SSD (games), 128GB Samsung SSD (OS), 64GB SSD (3d),
  • FrozenPeaFrozenPea Posts: 2,222 Valuable Player
    I'll join to help build the numbers but I won't be too good since I get a bit of motion sickness with it  :D I'll give it another go this weekend to see how I deal with it!

that's the spirit lads, @Techy111 take note.

that's how real men act

@Zenbane, put techy in the tourney, if he doesn't show then he's just a loser :P

• Techy111Techy111 Posts: 3,095 Valuable Player
    edited March 23
    Ohhhh go on then  ;) need some light relief after working up London yesterday :)
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.
    And FlyInside Forum Admin.
    Awesome.

We just need 2 more participants to get the 16, and we can start!
    @vannagirl...
    C'mon woman up.
    I know @Techy111 is itching to throw a disk in your direction.
    @Crosi_Wesdo get in on this action dude.
  • ToyguyToyguy Posts: 35
    Lawnmower Man (or Woman)
    I'll give it a go.  If it doesn't start for a few days, maybe enough practice will eliminate my falling over all the time :-)
    Great.

We just need one more!
  • kgian76kgian76 Posts: 42
    Lawnmower Man (or Woman)
    Me, me! Sign me up!