/ Forums
New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

What Do We Need To See @ E3 2017?

kevinw729kevinw729 Posts: 2,071
Neo
After a low-key (if not invisible) CES - it was suggested that Oculus VR (OVR) would be making its big push for the VR high-ground at E3 in June. While we wait, I would be interested in some of the things that you all would like to see on the large booth reported to be planned for the LA consumer game show of shows?
P6ftmuw.jpg
** New Book **
"The Out-of-Home Immersive Entertainment Frontier: Expanding Interactive Boundaries in Leisure Facilities"
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Home-Immersive-Entertainment-Frontier/dp/1472426959
Tagged:

Comments

• benplacebenplace Posts: 752 Poster of the Week
    I would like to see an update on Santa Cruz and more AAA titles.  How about Madden 2018?

• kevinw729kevinw729 Posts: 2,071
    Neo
    Top down Madden - like sandpit? or from player/coach perspective?

I doubt if we will see any more of Santa Cruz with the Daydream range coming out - they will have to consider a higher scale wireless solution!
    P6ftmuw.jpg
    ** New Book **
    "The Out-of-Home Immersive Entertainment Frontier: Expanding Interactive Boundaries in Leisure Facilities"
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Home-Immersive-Entertainment-Frontier/dp/1472426959
  • kevink808kevink808 Posts: 750 Poster of the Week
    More locomotion hardware solutions.
    Currently playing: Witcher 3 & DOOM | Gear: Liquid cooled MSI Z170A PC Mate | Intel i7-6700K | 32GB DDR4 SDRAM 3000 Mhz | GeForce GTX 1080, Acer Predator XB241H G-Sync, Rift/Touch/3 cams.
  • andyringandyring Posts: 2,682 Poster of the Week
    We need to see progress, that's all - more games & applications for the Rift and progress on CV2 to keep the dream alive.
    Neo
    andyring said:
    ...progress on CV2 to keep the dream alive.
    Do you really expect to see CV2 before 24-months :/
    P6ftmuw.jpg
    ** New Book **
  • andyringandyring Posts: 2,682 Poster of the Week
    edited March 20
    kevinw729 said:
    andyring said:
    Absolutely not, i gave a longer timeline than most a while back and i'd happy with around 3 - 4 years between them.

We just need to see progress - they need to tell or show us that they're getting there with wireless, that 4K looks amazing and Palmer can't wait to pull out his foldable table in his garage once more to get cracking on the next batch.
  • lovethislovethis Posts: 2,685
    3Jane
    edited March 20
    I would like to see Palmer Luckey in a pair of Dungerees and some Cowboy boots.
  • CrashFuCrashFu Posts: 840 Poster of the Week
    At this point I'm just hoping to hear more details on some of the big titles we already know are coming.  More info about gameplay,  maybe get some journalists playing early builds and writing previews..   stoke the hype, y'know?

Oh, and updates on when they'll bring social features like 'Rooms' to the Rift.   The mobile market may be a significantly larger demographic right now, but I think those features would be more appreciated by us in the PC crowd.   Would certainly make it easier to organize online multiplayer and build a greater sense of community.
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 5,338 Power Poster
    An MMORPG in the works that is either developed by Oculus Studios or funded by Facebook.

Other than that... maybe new App genres, like interactive videos; and better yet: a major update to Oculus Home to bring Rift Users together socially.
    "people should vote to put Zenbane in charge of the Forum"
    -Atmos73
  • bigmike20vtbigmike20vt Posts: 1,848
    Wintermute
    edited March 21
    Personally i am not expecting anything hardware wise from oculus, they have "delivered" all they need to from that side of things for the next year or so...... 

news of software / driver updates is always good, improvements to home, any new IP they may have coming.... but personally this is the 1st year i am not that bothered about what oculus show (not a moan, quite the opposite, it is because for the most part for me, oculus have fullfilled my hardware needs for now and i have not got time really to play the software which is already out).
    Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR :)
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 2,261 Valuable Player
    I know it's not news from Oculus, but I'm really looking forward to hearing more about Fallout 4 VR, which will apparently be at E3 with improvements over last year's demo.
    i7 5820K 4.25 GHz | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair LPX 32GB DDR4 3000 | Corsair Hydro H100i | Corsair HX750
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Samsung 850 Evo SSD 1 TB | Samsung 840 Evo SSD 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3TB
  • ExpediterExpediter Posts: 38
    Lawnmower Man (or Woman)
    nalex66 said:
    I know it's not news from Oculus, but I'm really looking forward to hearing more about Fallout 4 VR, which will apparently be at E3 with improvements over last year's demo.
    I just read this and am also excited about this. 

And non VR related, I NEED some borderlands 3 news at E3 this year. I loved BL2 and can't wait to get my hands on some BL3. Even better if they add vr support. 
  • ogflatlanderogflatlander Posts: 14
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    I would like to see the already announced games on the floor for people to try out and show online. Then maybe a few games that they mentioned were coming but did not give us any details.  Would love a few more unannounced games just being mentioned even if they are early next year just to show they are not slowing down.  Not too worried about new hardware yet unless it is something that is incorporated into this gen.

Where do you think the news will come from?  Just the show floor or would the PC Gamer show incorporate VR gaming for Rift/Vive?

• CyrilCyril Posts: 913
    Neo
    andyring said:
    kevinw729 said:
    andyring said:
    Absolutely not
    As a glasses user surrounded by glasses user who can't fit their glasses into a CV1 either, I sure hope to have switched to a VR headset with glasses support by the end of 2018, even if it isn't a CV2.

I can't believe how many friends and family failed to fit their glasses into the CV1 just because it wasn't designed half an inch wider.

Not to mention the scratched lenses issue from all the glasses the CV1 ripped off, which cost ~100$ to replace on a Samsung Gear VR and ~500$ to replace on a CV1...
  • RorschachPhoenixRorschachPhoenix Posts: 1,201
    Wintermute
    CONTENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111ELEVEN!!!!!!!!
    Excuse my bad english. I speak to you through the google translator. :P

"Everything is going horribly right."
    - Palmer Luckey
  • kzintzikzintzi Posts: 487
    Trinity
    I'd love to see a proper RPG of some sort.. something where I can pick a class, level up and so on.. would be cool. 
    Though you are more than slightly incoherent, I agree with you Madam,
    a plum is a terrible thing to do to a nostril.
  • kzintzikzintzi Posts: 487
    Trinity
    Cyril said:
    andyring said:
    kevinw729 said:
    andyring said:
    Absolutely not
    As a glasses user surrounded by glasses user who can't fit their glasses into a CV1 either, I sure hope to have switched to a VR headset with glasses support by the end of 2018, even if it isn't a CV2.

I can't believe how many friends and family failed to fit their glasses into the CV1 just because it wasn't designed half an inch wider.

Not to mention the scratched lenses issue from all the glasses the CV1 ripped off, which cost ~100$ to replace on a Samsung Gear VR and ~500$ to replace on a CV1...
    that really sucks - I have a large head, but not so large that my glasses scratched my lenses. mind you I do use the VRLENSLABS lenses and they work well so I don't wear my glasses in the rift unless I've got people over for a play..
    Though you are more than slightly incoherent, I agree with you Madam,
    a plum is a terrible thing to do to a nostril.
  • AQfumesAQfumes Posts: 65
    Hiro Protagonist
    I'd like to hear an update on their "Carmel" web browser and how it's coming along. 
  • shadowfroggershadowfrogger Posts: 447
    Nexus 6
    edited March 22
    Rainbow six seige - vr version. Uses the same assets and engine but animation,movement, gameplay all have to be redone. More games designed solely for vr too. We need a game that players can put 100+ hrs into that can't be done on a monitor. It's asking a lot right now of the market I suppose.

I wouldn't like oculus to talk about any sort of research regarding the cv2 as people may want to wait for better vr not knowing it that end of next year is probably the earliest for the cv2.

I would like to see all the Microsoft vr units demoed and specs released. I would also like to know if they are also planning to create hand controllers, becuase of the inside out tracking of these Microsoft vr units, I don't expect it to be in the works yet but would be nice to hear if they are planning anything in the future.
    Visit my amateur homegrown indie game company website!
    http://www.gaming-disorder.com/
    Neo
    edited March 22
    E3 has turned into a show of three parts - the trade launch and press briefing element has become a necessity for Sony and Nintendo, while EA and others have abandoned the E3 sphere and will be holding private media/trade events.

The second part is the actual floor, a arms race for big booth developers, and marketing push. But it is the new third element of the public day that is the wild card. The organizers of E3 going for a "make or break" approach to declining support from the trade, and calls for restructuring - a ticketed public element hoped to create a revenue stream and offer a new line of interest to a tired format.

For OVR, this public element will be an interesting opportunity to approach with their new marketing re-boot and will be the first time we see if FB has given the new management carte blanche to promote their offering, or if they are still being "benched" on marketing promotion for the time being.

All this and the possibility of MS stealing all the VR thunder if they bring Scorpio VR units to the press launch without inviting OVR!
    P6ftmuw.jpg
    ** New Book **
  • molokowmolokow Posts: 629
    Nexus 6
    edited March 22
    I dont need to see anything. I got my wife.
    OOOOHH.. right lol..

A good RPG>
  • FrozenPeaFrozenPea Posts: 1,872 Valuable Player
    edited March 22
    kevinw729 said:
    All this and the possibility of MS stealing all the VR thunder if they bring Scorpio VR units to the press launch without inviting OVR!
    I can only see it as a good thing either way for OVR if this happens, it means more investment into the industry and if Microsoft keep to their word and publish all the content they make for Scorpio VR to the Microsoft Store then thats means more content for us all!  :)
  • Shadowmask72Shadowmask72 Posts: 2,049 Valuable Player
    edited March 22
    I'd be interested to see if Oculus follow Vive's lead with more bespoke trackable devices. I'd also like to see more software being announced.

System Specs: GTX 1080 ti , i7 4790K CPU, 16 GB RAM, Win 10 64 Bit OS.
    Yes I want more hardware peripherals.  I know it's early for VR, but come on, there are no guns, no locomotion solutions, etc.  
    Currently playing: Witcher 3 & DOOM | Gear: Liquid cooled MSI Z170A PC Mate | Intel i7-6700K | 32GB DDR4 SDRAM 3000 Mhz | GeForce GTX 1080, Acer Predator XB241H G-Sync, Rift/Touch/3 cams.
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 837 Poster of the Week
    MOAR GAEMES!!!!  B)

Preferably for free because Oculus haven't given us anywhere near enough free stuff so far!!!  :o  :p
  • e_m_d88e_m_d88 Posts: 174
    Art3mis
    edited March 22
    An awesome Star Wars VR game.  Like a X-wing vs TIE fighter game.  And Light sabre/blaster fps game. Like a jedi/sith training.  Would be great 
    Yes...KOTOR or SWG please!
  • KillCardKillCard Posts: 441 Poster of the Week
    edited March 23
    e_m_d88 said:
    An awesome Star Wars VR game.  Like a X-wing vs TIE fighter game.  And Light sabre/blaster fps game. Like a jedi/sith training.  Would be great 
    God I wish .. if only they would get away from the idea that "Star Wars is for casuals".. the way Star Wars Battlefront was dumbed down was horrible. While I'd like to try the Battlefront: X-Wing VR Missions, its just still NOT X-Wing. Closer to a VR version of Rogue Squadron if anything.

But yea .. we are looooong overdue for an X-Wing vs Tie Fighter reboot and VR is the BEST place to be doing it.

I would'nt mind seeing some footage of Mech Warrior 5: Mercenaries running in VR at E3 though.