/ Forums
New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Oculus Rift 1.13 Release Notes

cyberealitycybereality Posts: 21,983 Oculus Staff
  • Features:
    • Public Test Channel: You can now enroll in our Public Test Channel program to receive pre-release builds (“beta” versions) of Oculus software. Enroll in Settings > Beta in the Oculus app on your computer. Learn more in our help center (https://support.oculus.com/help/oculus/200468603765391).
    • New User Experience: Improved first experiences for Rift and Touch.
      • Touch Basics: You can now move forward simply by looking at the skip option, as an accessibility feature..
      • First Contact: We updated and enhanced the experience. Check it out for a few new surprises.
      • Minor bug fixes.
  • Bug-fixes:
    • Fixed an issue with your apparent height in VR.
    • Fixed a tracking issue to make headset tracking smoother.
    • Fixed an issue with showing the correct app in VR when running multiple apps at once on your computer.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Comments

• qster123qster123 Posts: 147
    Hiro Protagonist
    I only seem to have 'restart oculus' in the beta section?
    oculus_vr_forum_banner_1.png
  • Storm_CloudStorm_Cloud Posts: 682 Poster of the Week
    qster123 said:
    probably because you don't have 1.13 yet!
    I'd kind of convinced myself that that next update was going to be a change to OH or an introduction of some social features :( 
  • qster123qster123 Posts: 147
    Hiro Protagonist
    qster123 said:
    *facepalm*

Yeah that would be it :D
    oculus_vr_forum_banner_1.png
    qster123 said:
    qster123 said:
    *facepalm*

Yeah that would be it :D
    I ran First Contact again looking for the new experiences. No change. Oh I'm still on 1.12! Join the club :D 
  • VekaolaVekaola Posts: 5
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    Oculus Debug Tool doesn't seem to work in 1.13. When trying to start it, the command line just gives an error about being unable to start the debug session and also the Rift screen displays "Please wait..." message. Oculus SDK for Windows downloads page seems to only show the download for 1.12 SDK so I guess I'd need a more recent one, but this hasn't been the case before.

Also, would it be possible to enable Oculus Voice outside UK/US regions if we enroll in the Public Test Channel?
  • M0rdreshM0rdresh Posts: 3
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    How does one update? My client stays at 1.12 for the moment.
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 21,983 Oculus Staff
    As usual, the update is automatic and rolled out in waves, so please be patient. Thanks.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • BlaineMillerBlaineMiller Posts: 20
    Lawnmower Man (or Woman)
    @cybereality Is the Oculus Home look supposed to have changed? The problem since the update is that mine has become dark.  Like really weird dark lighting all around.
    No, I don't believe it's supposed to be dark. You may wish to reach out to support.
    https://support.oculus.com/
  • xeno3dxeno3d Posts: 24
    Lawnmower Man (or Woman)
    edited March 23
    I got the update to 1.13 but I dont see an option to sign up for preview builds

UPDATE: Okay, never mind.  I restarted OH and now its there.
    Lawnmower Man (or Woman)
    • First Contact: We updated and enhanced the experience. Check it out for a few new surprises.
    Fun!  Going to go back in tonight and see if I can find anything
  • F4CEpa1mF4CEpa1m Posts: 93
    Hiro Protagonist
    It's quite nice to have an update that just adds a few cool features, tweaks amd extra content instead of fixing major breaks.  Like getting a pleasant gift in the mail.  Thanks team 
    edited March 23
    Included in this release is the compositor mirror, an experimental tool for viewing exactly what appears in the headset (with Asynchronous TimeWarp and distortion applied). The compositor mirror is useful for development and troubleshooting without having to wear the headset. The compositor mirror is not recommended during normal usage as it can affect performance.
  • e_m_d88e_m_d88 Posts: 371
    Trinity
    Did the update fix the small jitter when looking up and down? 
    ASUS Sabertooth Z170 S, i5 6600K. 16 gigs ram DDR-4 3000 MHZ. SSD Samsung 850 Pro 256 gigs. WD Caviar Black 1 TB. Windows 10 PRO 64-bit. Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1, Acer Predator XG270HU 1440p@144 hz, Phanteks Enthoo Pro case. EVGA Supernova 750 G2 PSU. Inatech 4 port USB 3.0.  Rift + Touch.
    Lawnmower Man (or Woman)
    Did something change with the debug tool?  It's no longer working.
    Lawnmower Man (or Woman)
    Looks like this update made my rift non usable...

All I get when putting the headset on is OculusDebugToolCLI.exe is taking a while to load....
    The debug tool likely need to be updated with an upcoming SDK. I'd recommend not using it for now if it is causing problems.
    Lawnmower Man (or Woman)
    The debug tool likely need to be updated with an upcoming SDK. I'd recommend not using it for now if it is causing problems.
    How do I get the debug tool to not load automatically upon launching home?  It seems its loading up on startup and not letting me get to the home screen.
    The debug tool should never launch by itself (it's not even part of the Oculus app but rather a separate SDK download for developers). If it is starting that probably means you've done some sort of configuration change on your computer, such as using third party apps to adjust pixel density or things like that.
    Lawnmower Man (or Woman)
    The debug tool should never launch by itself (it's not even part of the Oculus app but rather a separate SDK download for developers). If it is starting that probably means you've done some sort of configuration change on your computer, such as using third party apps to adjust pixel density or things like that.
    That was it, I use Oculus Tray Tool and this was the culprit.  Thank you!
  • MikeFMikeF Posts: 283
    Art3mis
    edited March 24
    kojack said:
    These rolling releases are rather annoying for developers.

We see here that 1.13 is breaking at least two programs (tray tool and debug tool). I'm a developer, but I'm stuck on 1.12 runtime and there's no 1.13 sdk out. But some members of the public are already running 1.13. If one of my apps was broken, there'd be nothing I could do besides wait.

you said it, in the same position
    kojack said:
    These rolling releases are rather annoying for developers.

We see here that 1.13 is breaking at least two programs (tray tool and debug tool). I'm a developer, but I'm stuck on 1.12 runtime and there's no 1.13 sdk out. But some members of the public are already running 1.13. If one of my apps was broken, there'd be nothing I could do besides wait.
    It appears the OculusDebugTool from the 1.12 SDK is not compatible with the 1.13 runtime (and OculusTrayTool includes the older application in their package). This will likely be resolved when the upcoming 1.13 SDK is released in the near future. I spoke with the developer working on the OculusDebugTool and he was not aware (before today) that there were third party apps relying on this functionality. This should be resolved shortly, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.
  • danybonindanybonin Posts: 30
    Lawnmower Man (or Woman)
    no bad tracking news with 1.13? I fear update since 1.11 fiasco. 1.12 is very good for me with 4 sensors.
  • kojackkojack Posts: 3,429 Volunteer Moderator
    Yep, I know it won't be a problem for long (I would have run into it tonight though, since I only use the debug tool with Elite and a new community goal came out today) and it's a minor thing.

But it's still an odd situation where some of the public have a runtime before developers have the matching sdk and there's no control over which runtime developers run for testing (since every update there's half with new runtimes and half with old, and the devs can't choose which side they are on for bug fixing). Both sdk and runtime should really be released at the same time, and allow users to do an update or not when they choose.

• GibStormGibStorm Posts: 29
    Lawnmower Man (or Woman)
    No offense, but you guys seem to find new ways of messing with people with every update. Now the Debug Tool doesn't work? That means the TrayTool will stop working, which a lot of people are using.
  • dburnedburne Posts: 675
    Neo
    Maybe I should not try using my Rift now that this update is rolling out until they get the new SDK out, as I rely on the Tray Tool which I have set to run at windows startup.
    Don

EVGA X-79 Dark MB|I7 4820K@4.50 GHz|EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 Elite|16GB Corsair Platinum 2133MHz| TM Warthog + 7.5cm Ext| MFG Crosswind Pedals| Rift CV1|Windows 10 64 bit 
  • SicTimSicTim Posts: 49
    Lawnmower Man (or Woman)
    xeno3d said:
    As someone who's run the setup several times, and will probably do so again in the future, all I want is for the Oculus button to be functional so I can skip "First Contact" if I want to. I swear that, at this point, I've figured out every possible way to visit mayhem and violence on the robot.
  • mosiffmosiff Posts: 54 Poster of the Week
    SicTim said:
    xeno3d said:
    As someone who's run the setup several times, and will probably do so again in the future, all I want is for the Oculus button to be functional so I can skip "First Contact" if I want to. I swear that, at this point, I've figured out every possible way to visit mayhem and violence on the robot.
    @SicTim you can run the setup without having to go through First Contact tutorial. What you want to do is at settings > devices run the sensors setup instead of the full setup.