cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Rift Sensors causing Usb connect sounds on computer Bootup

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
I'm having some problem with my Rift Sensors connecting each time my computer boots up. I have a program called UsbDeview that allows me to look at what Usb devices connect and disconnect at any time. I have been getting Usb connection sounds each time my computer boots up and this points to it been the 3 Oculus Rift Sensors I have. The times shows that it is these Sensors causing the Usb connection sounds each time I boot up my PC.

I've look down the list at what time these events occur and the sensors show everything is normal under the heading " Rift Sensors Usb Composite Device". The time stamp and date on that shows normal because that's when I installed the Rift Sensors, so that's fine. However, when I look under the "Rift Sensor HID Human interface Device". It is this that is causing the Usb connection sounds each time I boot up my PC. The time stamp and date shows that they are connecting each time I boot up up my computer causing these sounds? I take it this isn't normal and I'm at a loss as to what to do about it. 

So why is this happening? Why does the Usb Composite Device for the Rift Sensors show correctly, but not the "HID Human interface Device" for the rift Sensors? Why do they connect each time my PC boots up creating three Usb connection sounds?
9 REPLIES 9

elboffor
Consultant
my guess is the tray tool is restarting the oculus service which is causing them to disconnect and reconnet
This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

elboffor said:

my guess is the tray tool is restarting the oculus service which is causing them to disconnect and reconnet

Yeah, I know in another post someone said they kept hearing Usb connection sounds each time they booted their PC's. If I start changing the settings in the Tray tool though my sensors start to disconnect while the Pc is running. I'm just not sure if it's going to end up been a problem if the Tray tool is doing what you are suggesting. Anyone else got any thoughts about this? Cheers!

@cybereality - What do you think about this? Cheers!

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
@cyberreality - I've just used a program called UsbLogView and this is what happens when I boot up my Pc. You can see what's connecting and you can see by the date and time that the 3 sensors and Xbox controller are connecting each time I boot my Pc. These are all Oculus devices that are making the Usb connection sounds, nothing else is causing this problem. These devices are the reason I keep hearing Usb connection sounds at startup. Can I suggest you show this to technical support unless you have any idea's on how to fix this issueo? 

I've also disabled the Oculus Tray tool to rule it out and I still get the same issue.

634ievz2wld7.jpg

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
Nobody has an answer to this problem? Something to do with Oculus must be causing it given that I have plugged other usb devices in the same ports and don't get a problem with them?

Anonymous
Not applicable

lovethis said:

Nobody has an answer to this problem? Something to do with Oculus must be causing it given that I have plugged other usb devices in the same ports and don't get a problem with them?

I have the same problem and Oculus Support does nothing. I recorded the issue, I sent them the video, the logs and now they are focusing on my purchase history and how did I buy the Rift. Such a joke and waste of 900$, considering every connect on boot causes my Guardian boundaries and setup shift 45 degrees right

cybereality
Grand Champion
Hi, @ivan6953 . Very sorry for the inconvenience. Our support agents will typically ask for serial numbers or proof of purchase as part of the process. This is normal. Rest assured we are investigating the situation now and someone will respond to you soon. Thanks for your patience.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

falken76
Expert Consultant

lovethis said:

Open a support request, maybe they can figure it out.  If it is caused by Oculus Tray starting the service it should be fine, but it doesn't explain why you hear the sounds and others like me do not.  My guess is there is some sort of software conflict that may make Oculus Tray reset during boot up, since this would be specific to what you have installed on your machine, it would explain why others don't hear the sound at boot up.

ZeroThreat
Protege
This happens to me too.  Thought it was just me but it only makes the sound on boot up. I don't notice any guardian system shifting or anything like that & all the games still play well... but yea...guess I'm a bit relieved that it's not just me

ParadiseDecay
Rising Star
I've been getting this for the last 2 days now. I know there's been a Win 10 update recently.
☆ YouTube 'Content Creator' and 'Steam Curator' ( https://www.youtube.com/user/ParadiseDecay ) ☆ Devs! I'm always on the look out for new and interesting VR experiences! ☆ Oculus Rift CV1 ☆ Windows 10, 64 bit ☆ Intel Core i7-3770 ☆ 16.0GB Ram ☆ GeForce GTX 1060