cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting at the cable ends

Anonymous
Not applicable
Playing Elite tonight, I noticed a few odd things.  The UI panels were quite jumpy and I was getting some lateral tearing in some of the image.  The image also seems a bit rotated counterclockwise.  Not horrible, certainly playable, but new.

Overnight I got the 1.13 update, so that's new.  I also knocked the Rift off my desk last night too.  I should have put it on then and checked it but it was near 3AM so I didn't.

I'd like to check that I didn't jar the cables loose or some such thing.  There doesn't seem to be, nor sound like, anything is loose inside.  I know software can also do these sorts of things but it makes sense to check out the mechanical connections I think.

So the question of the day is, can one get in to where the cables attach inside the headset?  Are they plug in connections, or hard-wired? 

Thanks!
1 REPLY 1

YoLolo69
Trustee
Cables are plugged, you can unplug and re-plug as a test : just remove the faceplate (the part with the foam) by pulling it gently from the top where it's attached, and you'll get access to the connector top left of the headset when you are facing the lens.

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 10700K,  RTX 3070, 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz, Oculus Rift CV1