/ Forums
New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Oculus Debug Tool for 1.13

cyberealitycybereality Posts: 20,645 Oculus Staff
For people that upgraded to Oculus 1.13 and wish to use debug features (such as pixel density) you will need this new version of the Oculus Debug Tool that has been updated for 1.13. Sorry for the delay.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
PowerColor RX 480 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Comments

• gpv_knudgpv_knud Posts: 10
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    thank you.
  • elbofforelboffor Posts: 1,737 Poster of the Week
    skills to pay the bills there cyber mate :)

although, can this not just be integrated into the OH product?
    much like the tray tool has profiles, have it so it can be set in the OH software.
    it would affect the virtual space at all so should be easy to pass through the red tape.
    This is my forum signature.
    There are many others like it, but this is mine.
  • ButtonMoonButtonMoon Posts: 4
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    edited March 28
    Over to you Apollyon  :) looking forward to stop having to keep refreshing this forum for updates.
  • MortybalMortybal Posts: 1
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    THX !
  • wwwGhostwwwGhost Posts: 6
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    Thank you so much!
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 1,027 Poster of the Week
    Nice! Thanks for this, much appreciated! :smiley:
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • Monsieur_CleanMonsieur_Clean Posts: 1
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    What a good dude! Thanks!  :D
  • DusternicusDusternicus Posts: 1
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    That did it! Thanks!!
  • mussmussmussmuss Posts: 131
    Art3mis
    cheers

• isamuisamu Posts: 38
    Lawnmower Man (or Woman)
    Thank you
  • ScotchjockScotchjock Posts: 1
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    Oh great, working again, thank you
  • AesthetikerAesthetiker Posts: 4
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    First of all, thanks for updating the Debug Tool. Is an update for the Oculus Tray Tool out there too?
  • battleaxe39battleaxe39 Posts: 39
    Lawnmower Man (or Woman)
    As I have a low end spec PC for rift I don't use it much but thank you:)

• BlackEternityBlackEternity Posts: 2
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    Thanks!
    Now I can use higher pixel density and unleash my GTX1080 completely without running into ATW and ASW all the time.
  • axolotl98axolotl98 Posts: 7
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    edited March 29
    Can you provide directions on how to install and use this tool? I fly P3D and definitely need this
  • EliteSPAEliteSPA Posts: 1,488
    Project 2501
    any updates on this new release?
    71AWBj.png
    i7 6700K @ 4.2 GHz | Corsair 16GB DDR4 PC2300 | GTX 1080 SLI | Asus z170-Pro | Corsair RGB Strafe Keyboard | Logitech G27 | Oculus CV1 | Win 10 64 bit | Acer Predator x34 @ 100Hz
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 20,645 Oculus Staff
    EliteSPA said:
    How do you mean updates? The download is in the OP.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    PowerColor RX 480 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • CalmfixupCalmfixup Posts: 56
    Hiro Protagonist
    Thank you! Couldn't figure out why it wasn't working last night LOL
  • gr0bdagr0bda Posts: 39
    Lawnmower Man (or Woman)
    "Pixel Density"!? That just got my attention! How do I "eat it"?
  • ApollyonVRApollyonVR Posts: 80
    Hiro Protagonist
    Hi all!
    Regarding the Oculus Tray Tool, please direct all questions regarding that to the below thread.
    https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/47247/oculus-traytool-supersampling-profiles-hmd-disconnect-fixes-hopefully#latest

Cheers!

• EliteSPAEliteSPA Posts: 1,488
    Project 2501
    EliteSPA said:
    How do you mean updates? The download is in the OP.
    I mean in the tool itself.
    71AWBj.png
    i7 6700K @ 4.2 GHz | Corsair 16GB DDR4 PC2300 | GTX 1080 SLI | Asus z170-Pro | Corsair RGB Strafe Keyboard | Logitech G27 | Oculus CV1 | Win 10 64 bit | Acer Predator x34 @ 100Hz
  • linjebuslinjebus Posts: 5
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    I cannot make it work, every time I set the debugging program to cv1 the headset turns off, and I have to restart tracking the touch controllers and. How do I make it work. Am I doing something wrong?? Pls help me.

• kojackkojack Posts: 3,113 Volunteer Moderator
    linjebus said:
    I cannot make it work, every time I set the debugging program to cv1 the headset turns off, and I have to restart tracking the touch controllers and. How do I make it work. Am I doing something wrong?? Pls help me.

Don't set the "Debug HMD Type" to CV1. That's an option for developers who don't actually have a CV1, it will emulate one instead of using the real one. Leave it disabled.

• MAC_MAN86MAC_MAN86 Posts: 44
    Lawnmower Man (or Woman)
    I think we could of at least had an auto update for this feature. A good idea?
  • schummelschumischummelschumi Posts: 4
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    hello...can anybody help me? i download this rar file...and then? i extract it.....in which folder???
    It doesn't have to be in any folder. You can just run the exe file.
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    thanks...but i realise no difference....
    i play assetto corsa and aerofly fs 2....but there´s no difference.....what do i wrong?
    You have to leave the debug tool open for it to work.
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    ok...i open the tool and change the pixels per display on 1.8 and let it open
    going to steam and start a game from my library

thats all? thanks for your help...!
  • YoLolo69YoLolo69 Posts: 595
    Neo
    Aerofly FS2 have this setting included in the VR options of the game so you must not use the Debug Tool before launching FS2, and instead change the setting in game.

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242