cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple video card question, not in crossfire mode, hopefully someone can help, non support?

PixlmechStudios
Protege
Good morning, afternoon, or evening depending on when you read.

1. Support if youre reading this, you need to implement ' <ReadOnlyFromConnected/> to your headsets. I know thats not the code nor would I know what it is, but im pretty sure to the people who created this masterful piece of tech, it has to be that simple. What Im saying is, the headset should only read from the video card that it is connected to and thats all. Okay so now to the question.

I use a workstation card and a gaming card in my rig. Now, my workstation card just missed it on the specs for compatibility. The Headset is not plugged into that card though it is plugged into the card that is compatible. The cards are not running in xfire as they dont have to be so they are not connected to each other. Now, I have to d/c the workstation card to run oculus otherwise it tells me I need to update my graphic drivers. My question is this, If my workstation card was compatible as well would I still have the problem? So is there anyone on here who has two cards in their computer that arent bridged or xfired that are both compatible with the oculus and get everything to work? Not sure if I worded that right but I tried lol.

To developers, When working in 3D I need all 6 of my monitors and I need a workstation card for reliability. I need to be able to test my shots in VR while im working back and forth. Why cant the headset just read from the card its connected too, its 2017 =[. My main purpose for getting the Oculus was to create my own stuff in VR. Thats like me plugging in a USB 3.0, and it telling me it has driver problems because I have USB 2.0s as well on my mobo.. 

Does anyone know if this is a problem that vive has?
Asus strix mobo/Asus 1080ti strix 8gb.  Ryzen 7,custom water loop,thermaltake P5 case, 32gb Corsiar Veng RGB, samsung Evo,250,500, Velociraptor 250gb, 2TB backup, 6 display, 50inch main, KRK studio 5.1 surround.
4 REPLIES 4

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Which card is your primary monitor plugged into? The Oculus software needs to output to both the monitor and the headset, and they both need to be on the same card for that to work reliably.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

PixlmechStudios
Protege
I shouldve mentioned that, but of course. In fact, the card is the primary video overall.
Thanks for taking the time I appreciate it.
Asus strix mobo/Asus 1080ti strix 8gb.  Ryzen 7,custom water loop,thermaltake P5 case, 32gb Corsiar Veng RGB, samsung Evo,250,500, Velociraptor 250gb, 2TB backup, 6 display, 50inch main, KRK studio 5.1 surround.

cybereality
Grand Champion
I'm not sure that will work. Rift and all monitors must be connected to the primary dedicated GPU (and that 1 GPU needs to be compatible). Nothing can be connected to secondary GPUs or the integrated graphics. SLI/CF is not supported, but will typically just be auto-disabled when in VR so won't cause problems. I don't know about using 2 different cards (especially if one of them is incompatible) but considering it's already so problematic I doubt it will work.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

PixlmechStudios
Protege
Okay @cybereality, I understand what youre saying, Even if I have no monitors connected to the Workstation card I still get the problem, the card is to be completely d/c. The cards were never in cfire or sli. and my mobo has no video output. The main question is, If my Workstation card was compatible, would I still have this problem>?
Thanks Cyber for taking the time