/ Forums
New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Medium Sculpting Relay - Signup here!

P3nT4gR4mP3nT4gR4m Posts: 887 Poster of the Week
edited April 6 in Oculus Medium
So the idea is pretty simple - we do a sculpting round robin where someone sculpts something and then passes the sculpt over to the next person who adds something of their own and passes it on.

Reply below with along with how much RAM is in your rig and I'll add your name to the roster. Reason I'm asking for RAM is cos there's a good chance this could get quite big so it's probably best to let any 8gig players do their thing first whilst there's less data in the file.

Rules-wise I'm thinking we take a layer each (so up to 20 participants) You'd be responsible for the whole layer, blocking, detailing, painting and all the rest although if I end up sculpting a character or creature then feel free to come along behind me and fix my crappy anatomy :D

Players
@P3nT4gR4m - 32gig
@DeadlyJoe - 32gig
@FrozenPea - 16gig
@zylick - 16gig
@chuckleone - 8gig

Comments

• DeadlyJoeDeadlyJoe Posts: 620
    Trinity
    I have 32GB.
  • FrozenPeaFrozenPea Posts: 2,342 Valuable Player
    I've got 16GB :) 

This sounds like a lot of fun!

Should there be a theme or anything or shall we let it evolve naturally? I feel sorry for whoever goes first with the blank scene  :p
  • P3nT4gR4mP3nT4gR4m Posts: 887 Poster of the Week
    FrozenPea said:

Should there be a theme or anything or shall we let it evolve naturally? 
    This is one of my trademark, half-baked ideas so I hadn't even thought about themes or anything. Open to ideas. 

FrozenPea said:
    I feel sorry for whoever goes first with the blank scene  :p
    So far, that would be your good self. And no, you're not allowed to buy more ram as a way to wriggle off the hook  :D
  • zylickzylick Posts: 42
    Lawnmower Man (or Woman)
    I'm not an amazing artist but I can try
    16GB
  • MattHickmanMattHickman Posts: 209 Oculus Staff
    I can't wait to see what y'all come up with. 
    You sticking your name down, @MattHickman

• MattHickmanMattHickman Posts: 209 Oculus Staff
    P3nT4gR4m said:
    You sticking your name down, @MattHickman

Nah, don't want to interfere! Maybe after the update is out and everyone is rocking out all the new features :)
    Shall we put a closing date on this so it doesn't disappear, what about Sunday 9th at midnight and then whoever goes first can start in the week? :) 

Hopefully more people will join in, it's only for fun so don't be scared!
  • chuckleonechuckleone Posts: 154 Poster of the Week
    Sounds like a lot of fun and I'd like to participate but my machine is currently running 8GB of RAM so I don't know if I'll be able to handle a complex sculpt and I don't want to be the bottleneck.
    @chuckleone you won't be, the people with the lowest RAM will go first and it will be passed along to the person with the most RAM going last :)

Hope that means your in now?  :#
    FrozenPea said:
    @chuckleone you won't be, the people with the lowest RAM will go first and it will be passed along to the person with the most RAM going last :)

Hope that means your in now?  :#
    Yes I'm in, sign me up!
    Whoopsbump! All the excitement wi the update, this totally slipped my mind. So it looks like @chuckleone
    is kicking us off. There's five of us so we can grab 4 layers each, although might be better if we stick to 3 and save some in reserve for cutting and posing for the guys near the end?

So, you're up Chuck!   B)

Theme is whatever you fancy, deadline is around the same time. Had an idea we could do character handoffs, like you do a character looking or shouting or fighting with one that isn't there and then the next guy could do whatever character or creature the first one's interacting with, perhaps with a lead in to a third character (dunno if/how that would work)

For rest of project we argue or politely decline to go next, based on machine spec. @FrozenPea and @zylick you two are next, followed by @DeadlyJoe and myself. Advise keeping an eye on ram usage if the next guy has the same as you. 

Trinity
    Can't wait to see what you guys come up with. This should be fun.
    Sounds good to me, I'll start coming up with some ideas and update the thread when ready. I'm really looking forward to this!
    I'm going to get started on this tonight with a twitch stream. Come and check it out:
    edited April 15
    Im happy to go next! :) 

I think it's best we don't use the Medium website to send over sculpts since they get compressed. If @chuckleone sculpt gets compressed 4x then it might end up looks nothing like his first (awesome) sculpt!

We should try send over the files from 'C:\Users\FP\Documents\Medium\Sculpts\FrozenPea' to each other via dropbox/google drive etc. Hopefully that will work :) That way we won't loose any quality, downside is the final file might be massive  :p

Edit: None of your twitch videos are loading for me
    I'll upload the sculpt to Google drive and post a link here today.
    edited April 15
    Here's a link to the entire sculpt folder zipped up:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7BT1-nTUDupLWg3ZGlyc2Q1MmM

Let me know if something doesn't work.

Trinity
    Wow, this could go pretty fast. I was actually expecting everyone to take a few days each.
    I just spat coffee out my nose. I love where this is going.
    edited April 17
    Amazing! I love it.

Great work @FrozenPea

FrozenPea said:

I've created 3 layers and added a fourth layer for environment, we should all edit this layer to help frame out sculpts and setup more of the scene as more sculpts are added. Feel free to delete parts of the environment I've made if it helps the scene.

Great idea, btw!

• Scout1138Scout1138 Posts: 26
    Lawnmower Man (or Woman)
    Trinity
    Hmm... someone might want to ping @zylick. Last active date is April 13th.
    Hmmm. Yeah, he should get a notification cos you just tagged him in a post. If we haven't heard by tomorrow @deadlyjoe is next up. @zylick - if you're still playing let us know and we'll hold fire.
    Trinity
    I'll add my contribution tonight.