cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complete DOOM 3 VR Install, Menus + Features Tutorial

F4CEpa1m
Adventurer
Hi all,

I've created a 2 part video series that covers everything you need to know about the lastest Doom 3 BFG Fully Possessed VR mod.

Install + Hi Def Texture Pack:
https://youtu.be/Cgwes2c_KK4

Menus + Features Guide:
https://youtu.be/83kdr7D-DJ0

Don't forget to get involved with the awesome devs over in the discussion thread!!

https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/45263/doom-3-bfg-vr-v0-021-updated-3-12-2017/p1

Enjoy!!

x_0
31 REPLIES 31

FieldOfVision
Heroic Explorer
Great stuff! Thanks a lot for the videos and posting. Will definitely try this this weekend. Really excited to play DOOM 3 with my touch controllers. Oh yea. 

Latest VR game: Crazy Kung Fu
Other games: www.FieldOf.Vision

F4CEpa1m
Adventurer

Great stuff! Thanks a lot for the videos and posting. Will definitely try this this weekend. Really excited to play DOOM 3 with my touch controllers. Oh yea. 

All good man 🙂  The credit really with the devs putting the mod all together, but I'll take a thanks any day of the week haha. 

Enjoy!! 

ParadiseDecay
Rising Star

Nice one, cheers m8!
Been playing this for months with Xbox Gamepad, got my Touch controllers a few days ago, can't wait to try now.
☆ YouTube 'Content Creator' and 'Steam Curator' ( https://www.youtube.com/user/ParadiseDecay ) ☆ Devs! I'm always on the look out for new and interesting VR experiences! ☆ Oculus Rift CV1 ☆ Windows 10, 64 bit ☆ Intel Core i7-3770 ☆ 16.0GB Ram ☆ GeForce GTX 1060

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice one, cheers m8!
Been playing this for months with Xbox Gamepad, got my Touch controllers a few days ago, can't wait to try now.

It's neat with touch. I had a really nice moment when I was ambushed by stumblers, heard a moan behind me, and just swivelled and fired half backward past my shoulder - then swivelled back to the ones in front. That was very nicely immersive 🙂

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
The only disappointing thing for me was the lack of any kind of response due to recoil when shooting. Even just a very short buzz would be better than nothing - made the experience of shooting the first zombies really flat, somehow, despite not feeling the same way with, for example, Dead & Buried.
Maybe it's the sound that could do with an improvement.

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2

Thane_
Heroic Explorer
Yeah, they need a feeling of recoil and 2 handed weapon holding for it to be complete IMO.

F4CEpa1m
Adventurer

Brixmis said:

The only disappointing thing for me was the lack of any kind of response due to recoil when shooting. Even just a very short buzz would be better than nothing - made the experience of shooting the first zombies really flat, somehow, despite not feeling the same way with, for example, Dead & Buried.

Brixmis said:

Hi mate,

Make sure the 'Haptic Feedback' is enabled in the 'UI Options.  This will give the Touch controllers that 'Dual Shock' controller buzz:

y6iu82xxgci4.png

Syndroid
Heroic Explorer

Hey, nice video, but keep in mind that this certain "texture pack" does not only contain high res textures , it also adds a bunch of gameplay changes which aren't originally designed for the VR version. So you'll get things like faster enemies, less weapon damage, altered effects and sounds.
Overall, with all that stuff it ends up being a worse VR experience IMO, because this mod was optimized for fast keyboard+mouse 2D gaming..
Additionally, this pack replaces the models with high poly ones that are basicially just subdivided meshes, so they don't really look that much better, but they do significantly affect the performance.
That's why I'd recommend to install the texture files only. 

Syndroid
Heroic Explorer
Nice video. but keep in mind that this particular "texture pack" does not only contain high res textrues, it also adds a bunch of gameplay changes like; much faster and harder enemies, altered weapon stats, sound effects etc...
Overall, it gives you a worse VR experience IMO, because this mod was originially desigend for fast mouse+keyboard 2D gameplay.
Additionally the models get replaced with high poly ones, which are basicially just subdivided meshes. So they don't look that much better, but they do significantly affect the performance.
That's why I'd recommend to install the texture files only... Either by using the "texture" and "models" folder (without the "MD5" subfolder) from the "ultimate HD pack", or by downloading the first 3 files from here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/perfected-doom-3-version-500/addons