cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GearVR Controller issues since Firware update

COG_Studio
Honored Guest
Hi guys

Oculus asked me to upgrade the new GearVR controllers firmware today. After which, the below code now never triggers to be true.

if (OVRInput.Get(OVRInput.Button.PrimaryTouchpad))

Before the firmware update it this worked perfectly.

Full code is:

//This triggers
        if (OVRInput.GetActiveController() == OVRInput.Controller.LTrackedRemote ||
            OVRInput.GetActiveController() == OVRInput.Controller.RTrackedRemote)
        {
            // this triggers
            if (OVRInput.Get(OVRInput.Touch.PrimaryTouchpad))
            {
                // this does not trigger
                if (OVRInput.Get(OVRInput.Button.PrimaryTouchpad))
                {
                    bool triggered = true;
                }
            }
        }
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

cybereality
Grand Champion
See this article on how to uninstall Oculus/GearVR apps from the phone.
https://support.oculus.com/help/oculus/1772668642989617
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

COG_Studio
Honored Guest
Anyone else experienced this or know how to fix it? I am also getting the controller disconnecting constantly now and unable to reconnect until I pull the batteries out and put them back in. Thanks

joon_off2
Honored Guest
Something is definitely weird. I don't experience that per say, but one of my controller's back button is now recognized as a gamepad back button. I paired a different controller and it works fine.

Using the OVRGearVrControllerTest to see the inputs may help you better understand what the issue is.

Pokerteer
Honored Guest
had the same problem after upgraded and simply by uninstalling & re-installing it solved the issue.
If for any reason you cannot see it or visit it in real life, why not settle for a Virtual Reality option?
You'll be surprised!  B) 

cybereality
Grand Champion
See this article on how to uninstall Oculus/GearVR apps from the phone.
https://support.oculus.com/help/oculus/1772668642989617
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV