/ Forums
New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Arizona sunshine or robo recall?

Paddy234Paddy234 Posts: 33
Lawnmower Man (or Woman)
edited April 20 in Games and Apps
On Steam Arizona sunshine is $48 NZ and on oculus store robo recall is $42 NZ. Which game do people on here prefer for story, gameplay and replayability. I also like a degree of freedom to explore the world if possible 

Comments

• LuciferousLuciferous Posts: 1,180
    Neo

Well Robo Recall is brilliant (are you a vive owner?) as came free with the touch but I personally prefer Arizona Sunshine. Robo Recall is more of an arcade type game where as Arizona draws you into the world with great story line, scenes and voice acting.

Robo Recall has more options though for longevity as it can be modded. Already some great mods out there for it.

• Paddy234Paddy234 Posts: 33
    Lawnmower Man (or Woman)
    edited April 20

Well Robo Recall is brilliant (are you a vive owner?) as came free with the touch but I personally prefer Arizona Sunshine. Robo Recall is more of an arcade type game where as Arizona draws you into the world with great story line, scenes and voice acting.

Robo Recall has more options though for longevity as it can be modded. Already some great mods out there for it.

I'm a Oculus rift owner, i bought a used rift a few days ago which arrived today and it also includes touch controllers. I don't know if i can still get robo recall for free however so trying to decide which one to go for. I'm absolutely blown away by VR. Does arizona sunshine have good graphics as the more realistic and horrifying the zombies look the more immersive it will be
  • lovethislovethis Posts: 3,163 Poster of the Week
    How much are used Rifts with touch controllers going for?
    Neo
    edited April 20
    Arizona has its own stylized graphics which i think are pretty great. The thing with VR is you can see a you tube video and think that does not look amazing but when you are in there it looks fantastic. The Arizona backdrop is absolutely gorgeous. The oranges of the rocks, the sand and Sun add to a very realistic experience. If you are a fan of The Walking Dead it is like being a character from the show.

• falken76falken76 Posts: 1,547 Poster of the Week
    If you are a fan of The Walking Dead it is like being a character from the show.

It is an awesome game, but it's more like being a character in the Walking Dead that has no Melee weapon capabilities. It's still one of the best games I've ever played in VR though.
    Neo
    Yes true no melee, maybe in Arizona Sunshine 2 :)
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 21,931 Oculus Staff
    They are two of the best games on the platform, get them both!
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    PowerColor RX 480 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • TwoHedWlfTwoHedWlf Posts: 1,841 Poster of the Week
    falken76 said:
    If you are a fan of The Walking Dead it is like being a character from the show.

It is an awesome game, but it's more like being a character in the Walking Dead that has no Melee weapon capabilities. It's still one of the best games I've ever played in VR though.
    Which is a little annoying, because there's that giant frying pan right near the beginning that looks like it would be perfect for zombie whacking.
    Neo
    Always leave your audience wanting more :)

• BrixmisBrixmis Posts: 694
    Trinity
    Buy Robo Recall, then get Arizona Sunshine from Steam in the summer sale (or before if they have it on sale) - I bought mine on Steam during the last sale.
  • ExpediterExpediter Posts: 113
    Art3mis
    edited April 20
    Arizona sunshine was better imo. But I would rather you purchase Onward for 25$ and have a better game then those 2 put together.

do t be like me and say " I don't like multiplayer games" or " I don't like military games" because you will regret it. It's an amazing game and most people who play it for first time always give it a good review. 
  • KillCardKillCard Posts: 964 Poster of the Week
    edited April 21
    Story - Arizona Sunshine
    Replayability - Robo Recall

Game Play - Depends

Robo Recall - higher impact, more frantic gameplay with lots of swinging your arms around. - Doesn't support free-locomotion by default (needs a mod to work and you cant actually use it to progress in the game). Though as much as I absolutely abhore teleport, this has been the only game so far where I could still enjoy myself while using teleport, they really refined the teleport mechanic in this one so it's not actually too clunky.

Arizona Sunshine - More slow, methodic gameplay with cool world interaction such as searching through desks/drawers for ammo/food. Official free-locomotion support (and highly recommended if you can stomach it).

I honestly don't know which one I would pick if given your position. Suffice to say I think you should eventually get both either way.

• edmgedmg Posts: 992
    3Jane
    Personally, I prefer Arizona Sunshine as a game, but Robo Recall looks better and is great for a quick arcade-style shoot-em-up. So it's really a tossup.

What I would say is that the mines in Arizona Sunshine scare the heck out of me, so if you don't like horror VR games that might push you the other way.
  • ParadiseDecayParadiseDecay Posts: 479 Poster of the Week
    edited April 21
    Imagine you are in the film 'I-Robot' with Will Smith, that's Robo Recall.
    Now imagine you're in the series 'The Walking Dead', that's Arizona Sunshine.

Both games should be in your library if you want my opinion.
    ☆ YouTube 'Content Creator' and 'Steam Curator' ( https://www.youtube.com/user/ParadiseDecay ) ☆ Devs! I'm always on the look out for new and interesting VR experiences! ☆ Oculus Rift CV1 ☆ Windows 10, 64 bit ☆ Intel Core i7-3770 ☆ 16.0GB Ram ☆ GeForce GTX 1060
    Lawnmower Man (or Woman)
    lovethis said:
    i got mine which was barely used for $750
    edited April 21
    Paddy234 said:
    lovethis said:
    Thats a pretty good deal. How long ago did the original owner purchase it?
    Lawnmower Man (or Woman)
    edited April 21
    KillCard said:
    Paddy234 said:
    lovethis said:
    Not sure but it stated that it was barely used and after recieving it i seen that it was in perfect condition so i'm very happy with it. I'm blown away by how immersive VR is, it's the obvious next step for gaming so i look forward for for some AAA games like Fallout 4 and hopefully resident evil 7 soon enough. Also thats $750 NZ so just over $500 US 
    edited April 21
    Paddy234 said:
    KillCard said:
    Paddy234 said:
    lovethis said:
    Not sure but it stated that it was barely used and after recieving it i seen that it was in perfect condition so i'm very happy with it. I'm blown away by how immersive VR is, it's the obvious next step for gaming so i look forward for for some AAA games like Fallout 4 and hopefully resident evil 7 soon enough. Also thats $750 NZ so just over $500 US 
    Right I actually keep forgetting that the price recently came down lol. You payed less than what I originally paid for just the HMD back in March 2016 though. Seems fair enough.
  • zbosonzboson Posts: 911 Poster of the Week
    For me the choice is clear. Arizona Sunshine is one of my favorite VR games. Play it with free movement. I did not enjoy Robo Recall. It's teleport system is one the best so far. It is still awful.
  • zbosonzboson Posts: 911 Poster of the Week
    edited April 21
    edmg said:
    Personally, I prefer Arizona Sunshine as a game, but Robo Recall looks better and is great for a quick arcade-style shoot-em-up. So it's really a tossup.

What I would say is that the mines in Arizona Sunshine scare the heck out of me, so if you don't like horror VR games that might push you the other way.
    Strangely I did not get too spooked with the mines in Arizona Sunshine. But It was fun and tolerably scary (I did rip the HMD off once in fright). Dreadhalls still terrifies me though.
    Lawnmower Man (or Woman)
    edited April 21
    Well i went with Robo recall to start with and i'll see how that goes, i'm trying to install the full locomotion mod but when i download it and double click on the robo file it says how do you want to open this file??........ Just forget this comment i got it sorted though full locomotion definitely brings on some motion sickness lol
  • acacia33acacia33 Posts: 14
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    I prefer Arizona Sunshine more. Cannot say that it is my favourite VR game but better than Robo Recall. But it is my personal view...
  • MowTinMowTin Posts: 319
    Trinity
    I usually prefer free locomotion but not with RoboRecall. The teleport system works really well in that game. 

But it's a really tough call between the two. I assume you'll eventually buy both. If I could only have one it would be Robo Recall because of it's replayability and it's a great game to demo the system to someone. Arizona Sunshine is the better overall game. I prefer free locomotion with Arizona Sunshine. 
    edited April 21
    MowTin said:
    I usually prefer free locomotion but not with RoboRecall. The teleport system works really well in that game. 

But it's a really tough call between the two. I assume you'll eventually buy both. If I could only have one it would be Robo Recall because of it's replayability and it's a great game to demo the system to someone. Arizona Sunshine is the better overall game. I prefer free locomotion with Arizona Sunshine. 
    I feel the same way. I wil lalways default to free-locomotion, and don't get me wrong .. the Robo Recall locomotion mod is great and all, but the game is really fine tuned and balanced for the teleport mechanic. Playing with Free Locomotion in Robo Recall makes the game waay too easy and it doesnt even contribute to anything while playing (can't level up/gain upgrades and since the game is score-based no leaderboards for mods).

The free loco mod for Robo Recall is a fun time, but thats pretty much all it amounts to. I would love to see it refined to make the game more difficult or Epic come out with official Free Loco support, complete with game balance/Leaderboards.
  • JammerVR1963JammerVR1963 Posts: 2
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    I have the Rift.  Had it about a week now and absolutely love it and most of the games I bought for it.  Robot Recall was a freebee with the Touch Controllers.  I personally think it's a totally awesome VR experience.  I have to disagree with most people here though.  I did end up buying a copy of Arizona sunshine because I thought it would be a fun Mulitiplayer game.  Of course, at first I played it in single player mode so I could get the hang of it.  I was dissapointed from the first pixel.  I couldn't get over how a game as new as it had such dated graphics.  Robot Recall is much better visually than Arizona is.  If I didn't know better, I would have thought that Arizona was at least 2-3 years old.  It just doesn't have the "wow factor" that games like Recall, or Dead and Buried have.  Hell, the graphics that are in the tutorial for the Rift is much better than Arizona.  I couldn't recommend this game to anyone.  Infact, I asked Oculus for a refund and they told me it was their policy not to issue refunds.  I made a point of telling them how great Steam is at giving refunds and if I can find the same game I want on Steam, I will buy it there before I give Oculus another dime.  It's a shame because I really like the Rift and I thought if I brought games through their library, I would help support further game development.   So anyways, to answer your original question... Robot Recall over Arizona Sunshine
  • MowTinMowTin Posts: 319
    Trinity
    I have the Rift.  Had it about a week now and absolutely love it and most of the games I bought for it.  Robot Recall was a freebee with the Touch Controllers.  I personally think it's a totally awesome VR experience.  I have to disagree with most people here though.  I did end up buying a copy of Arizona sunshine because I thought it would be a fun Mulitiplayer game.  Of course, at first I played it in single player mode so I could get the hang of it.  I was dissapointed from the first pixel.  I couldn't get over how a game as new as it had such dated graphics.  Robot Recall is much better visually than Arizona is.  If I didn't know better, I would have thought that Arizona was at least 2-3 years old.  It just doesn't have the "wow factor" that games like Recall, or Dead and Buried have.  Hell, the graphics that are in the tutorial for the Rift is much better than Arizona.  I couldn't recommend this game to anyone.  Infact, I asked Oculus for a refund and they told me it was their policy not to issue refunds.  I made a point of telling them how great Steam is at giving refunds and if I can find the same game I want on Steam, I will buy it there before I give Oculus another dime.  It's a shame because I really like the Rift and I thought if I brought games through their library, I would help support further game development.   So anyways, to answer your original question... Robot Recall over Arizona Sunshine
    Did you try to adjust the graphics in the settings? 

The graphics aren't great but the gameplay in  Arizona Sunshine is awesome. 
  • Jonfl1Jonfl1 Posts: 37
    Lawnmower Man (or Woman)
    Robo Recall is FAR superior in my opinion. The textures, models, environments, EVERYTHING is all AAA-grade and highly polished.Just finished playing through all the levels, and still looking forward on playing more and trying to max out points and complete upgrades for the weapons. Definitely on my current Rift must-have list that includes Bridge Crew, Gorn, and Elite Dangerous!
  • Gwiz84Gwiz84 Posts: 287
    Nexus 6
    Robo Recall is about 500 times more fun than arizone sunshine.