cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting the rollout of version 1.14 (PC software update for April)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey everyone,

We started the rollout of version 1.14, our PC software update for April.

This month we’ve continued to improve support for 3-sensor configurations, including a new guided setup process for three sensors. The Oculus app will also now automatically prompt you to update your setup if you plug in a third sensor.

One other big change is around Touch and existing gamepad games: with 1.14, you'll now be able to use Touch for many games and experiences that were previously gamepad only. The buttons and triggers will map to Touch controllers automatically, making it easier to switch between games with different inputs (Touch vs. gamepad). This doesn't mean gamepad apps will suddenly support tracked input or hand presence, but it makes using Rift more convenient. Apps that support this new feature will be marked with “Touch (as gamepad)” in the store.

As usual, we’ve also squashed plenty of bugs and made tweaks throughout, so thanks again for your feedback - it helps us improve Rift every month. You can check out the full patch notes here: https://ocul.us/releasenotes

Thanks!

Nate
108 REPLIES 108

GATOxVoS
Heroic Explorer
Just me being OCD: Can you (or anyone) confirm the latest version number (full number), so we know if we have it, or are just on the latest Public Test Release?
PC Specs:
Intel i7-6700k @ 4.5 Ghz
Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 3 Motherboard
RTX 2080 Ti - MSI VENTUS
16 GB CAS-10 RAM @ 2400 MHz
Startech 4-port/4-USB controller add-on card
850W Corsair HX850 PSU
4-Sensor, Roomscale Setup

cybereality
Grand Champion
If you are in the public test channel, then you should have the latest version already. No need to do anything. Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Anonymous
Not applicable
OK fix this plus add a Switch in OCULUS HOME to DISABLE ASW + NOT CAP to 45fps.

Jumps and Flashes are fixed by setting Affinity settings: -
Run ED then go to TASK MANAGER>DETAILS: Right-Click Affinity

ED64: cores 0-5 (this is the game Elite:Dangerous)
OculusVR: cores 6-7 (this file may be new in latest Public Test update)
OVRServer_64: cores 6-7

OCULUS must now code this so we do not require manual or autohotkey programs.
Source: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/121355-Getting-the-Best-DK2-CV1-Vive-VR-Experience-Guid...

elboffor
Consultant
Ooooo
New release
Thanks for the notes @nmitchell
This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.

cybereality
Grand Champion
@MAC_MAN86 I've already shared your work-around with the engineering team and people are looking into it. Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

GATOxVoS
Heroic Explorer
@MAC_MAN86 - Just tried the affinity settings, definitely does not work for Robo Recall. Makes the game load really slowly, and play much worse than if all cores are running. Also makes touch tracking much, much worse. Maybe I'm an outlier though 😕

I can understand how setting the affinity for cores would work for certain games that don't rely heavily on OculusVR or OVRServer_64, but in the case of Robo Recall, it just doesn't work. Am I the only one?
PC Specs:
Intel i7-6700k @ 4.5 Ghz
Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 3 Motherboard
RTX 2080 Ti - MSI VENTUS
16 GB CAS-10 RAM @ 2400 MHz
Startech 4-port/4-USB controller add-on card
850W Corsair HX850 PSU
4-Sensor, Roomscale Setup

DarkTenka
Trustee

Xsjadia said:

@MAC_MAN86 - Just tried the affinity settings, definitely does not work for Robo Recall. Makes the game load really slowly, and play much worse than if all cores are running. Also makes touch tracking much, much worse. Maybe I'm an outlier though 😕

I can understand how setting the affinity for cores would work for certain games that don't rely heavily on OculusVR or OVRServer_64, but in the case of Robo Recall, it just doesn't work. Am I the only one?

Try different cores!

For me, while playing New Retro Arcade: Neon, I had to use Cores 4 and 6 for the OVR processes instead of 6-7. I actually just set cores 4-7 to the OVR processes and 0-3 to the game just to be safe and the intermittent "HMD Bounce" was gone.

I'm not sure if this is different system to system, game to game, or maybe the difference between Win7 or Win10.

DarkTenka
Trustee
Actually, I don't think the game has anything to do with it. What I did to figure this out was:

1. Load up the Oculus + home.
2. Open up Task Manager and find the OVRServer_64.exe
3. Disable 1 of the cores and click apply
4. Check perforamance result in Oculus Home
5. Repeat Steps 3-4 until Tracking/Framerate in Oculus home dies then re-enable that core and continue to disable others.

You should find there will be one core that will make tracking practically dead if you disable it regardless of what other cores are enabled.. and another that will reduce tracking performance if its disabled. For me, as soon as I dropped core 4, everything went to shit.. with only Core 4 on it worked but with poor performance (slow tracking update, black border visible when rotating), until I enabled core 6 then it all worked fine.

I got this set up without any games running, just Oculus Home .. which leads me to think that it is somehow based on System/CPU/Operating system or some other factor.

SHNYZ
Explorer
Today's Public Test update still has not solved the jumps, short grey outs, and flashes!

ROLL BACK TO 1.12 FINALLY BY CONSUMER DEMAND!
the jumps, short grey outs, and flashes with dcs world, asseto corsa, il2 battle of stalingrad and more don' t have this probleme with 1.12 WHAT ARE YOU DOING OCULUS PLEASE ROLL BACK 1.12 !!!!!!!!!!