/ Forums
New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Rise of Jumbotron. New Quest in Rec Room!!

whoa182whoa182 Posts: 355
Trinity
edited April 21 in Games and Apps
I tried out the new 'Quest' game in Rec Room earlier. It's so much fun!! I like this one even more than the last Quest. :) 

If you've not tried it yet, go and have a look. It's pretty cool!!  Rec room is one of the most fun experiences in VR...  still can't believe it's free xD

CPU: i5-4690K 4.50 GHZ RAM: 8.00 GB Corsair Vengence GFX: Nvidia GTX 970 HDD: 2TB MONITOR: Samsung U28D590 27" 4K Res
Tagged:

Comments

• KalgoreKalgore Posts: 1
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    It has to be said that the original quest game is one of the best games out there at the moment and to say its free is amazing. I played Rise of the Jumbotron for an hour last night and It is brilliant. I look forward to many hours at this quest and I look forward to the next.

Keep it up stunning stuff....
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 6,423 Power Poster
    I have yet to try Rec Room, but this weekend I'm gonna commit!
    Unbanned but never Unbaned.

• MowTinMowTin Posts: 259
    Nexus 6
    edited April 21
    I played Rec Room a little the first time I got touch controls. It kind of sucked. I played a little of the paint ball game. I never touched it after that. 

Have things changed? The quest looks fun. 
  • SadGamerDadSadGamerDad Posts: 237
    Nexus 6
    I played in Rec Room 3 or 4 times and haven't returned. I see they have added new stuff so I need to get back in and make some friends. We should get in there and have a go some time, Try out disc golf and this quest thing..  
  • whoa182whoa182 Posts: 355
    Trinity
    edited April 21
    At the very least, it's worth jumping into rec room every now and then to see the new things like Quest. The Quest games are worth it alone imo.

The thing with Rec Room (just like other MP games) is that your experience can vary depending on who you're playing with. Some days are awesome and so much fun! And the some days not as much. I'd say like 60-70% of the time I jump into Rec Room I've had a great experience. That doesn't mean the rest was a bad experience, it just depends who is in there playing.

And what the hell is up with my mic? I record at full volume in OBS yet it is so quiet.
    CPU: i5-4690K 4.50 GHZ RAM: 8.00 GB Corsair Vengence GFX: Nvidia GTX 970 HDD: 2TB MONITOR: Samsung U28D590 27" 4K Res
  • nroskonrosko Posts: 343
    Nexus 6
    I tried rec room paintball & it was full of what i can only describe as american jocks getting way too over excited. I can imagine its really good if you find some normal people to play with. Just been watching vr gaming evolve play it on you tube, it looks hard & i'm not sure i could do with the teleportation.  
    Trinity
    I think the teleport works fine for this game. There is still a tactical element to it, and you're encouraged to use your environment around you for cover, rather than push a thumb stick to dodge.
  • nroskonrosko Posts: 343
    Nexus 6
    whoa182 said:
    I think the teleport works fine for this game. There is still a tactical element to it, and you're encouraged to use your environment around you for cover, rather than push a thumb stick to dodge.
    I'm sure there are tactical elements but i didn't take to it in the paintball, its not as good as free movement is  demonstrated in something like onward or compound. 
    Trinity
    Sure, I don't mind locomotion, but not everyone can handle it. I think they could add it at a later date, but not mix it with teleportation servers as that would cause some balancing issues.
  • BrokenSymmetryBrokenSymmetry Posts: 97
    Hiro Protagonist
    I have been enjoying paintball in rec room quite a bit. But I suck at it just as much...
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 6,423 Power Poster
    I have been enjoying paintball in rec room quite a bit. But I suck at it just as much...
    Your post number 69 had the word "suck" in it. That's awesome.
    Unbanned but never Unbaned.

• flybooneflyboone Posts: 63 Quick Draw McGraw
    Haha. I like Rec Room a lot. I find most of the people I play with are the "good" ones. Looking forward to trying out the new quest. 
    Dead and Buried Quick Draw Chamion
  • flybooneflyboone Posts: 63 Quick Draw McGraw
    Wow! Played it this morning and I like it even more than the first quest. Cool guns, and fun loot. Can't wait to get back in later this afternoon. 
    Dead and Buried Quick Draw Chamion
  • heppsanheppsan Posts: 209
    Nexus 6
    Tried Rec Room for the first time today, and Rise of the Jumbotron was really fun!!
    Also had some good matches in paint ball.