cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Playing 360 gaming with 2 sensors???

Paddy234
Protege
I have an oculus rift with touch and 2 sensors, i use these sensors for full 360 movement as it is needed in alot of games. I just bought the multiplayer military shooter onward last night and i was looking to see if other posters have issues with tracking at times. For example if i'm standing aiming directly in line with the front sensor my hand that is directly behind my hand holding the grip of the gun starts to drift from time to time, i was wondering if people have this issue and does getting a third sensor improve on this greatly. I know the game isn't finished yet and there are quite a number of bugs, i also don't like how it takes a few times to grab a gun or grenade etc as the controls should be much more fluid. This will improve in time i hope but anyway i was wondering what are other onward players experiences like with the sensors and does getting that third sensor improve things greatly or is this just an issue with the game due to it being unfinished
8 REPLIES 8

Chairface
Protege
It happen when u are blocking 1 sensor and your leading hand blocks the rear hand from the other sensor. You need the sensors mounted up high, looking down to reduce occlusion. A 3rd camera I find helps most to eliminate the majority of blindspots for onward, bam, pavlov.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
You need 3 sensors for 360 games, it's a crap with just 2 sensors for 360 games. I tried it and it's pants as the Games Master, Dominic Diamond, once said.

Paddy234
Protege
Cheers guys, i'll invest in a third sensor in the coming weeks. So far its good for most games i play but for the likes of onward the sensor glitching at the worst moments tends to ruin the experience from time to time

Anonymous
Not applicable

Paddy234 said:

Cheers guys, i'll invest in a third sensor in the coming weeks. So far its good for most games i play but for the likes of onward the sensor glitching at the worst moments tends to ruin the experience from time to time

You might want to consider just getting another set of Touch controllers. Not sure about in Ireland as far as the prices goes but here in the UK it's only an extra 40 quid and will give you a spare pair of Touch controllers just in case something happens to your current ones. You'll need to buy yourself a USB 2.0 extension though.

Ernimus_Prime
Heroic Explorer

snowdog said:

Paddy234 said:no

You might want to consider just getting another set of Touch controllers. Not sure about in Ireland as far as the prices goes but here in the UK it's only an extra 40 quid and will give you a spare pair of Touch controllers just in case something happens to your current ones. You'll need to buy yourself a USB 2.0 extension though.

Also if you buy just the sensor.  Oculus also includes the USB 2.0 extension cable in the package. 
ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI), Ryzen 7 3700x, 16 gigs ram DDR-4 3600 MHZ. SSD XPG 8200 pro 1 TB. WD Black 4 TB. Windows 10 PRO 64-bit. MSI VENTUS 3 RTX 3080 OC, Primary: MSI MAG274QRF-QD 2nd monitor: Acer Predator XG270HU 1440p@144 hz, Phanteks Enthoo Pro case. Corsair rm750x PSU. Rift S.

Paddy234
Protege
Thanks guys, i live in New Zealand though so buying an extra touch controllers which includes the sensor is around another $70 which isn't bad but for me i feel around the $100 mark is my limit for the time being so i'll just buy the sensor. I hope it works though as some people with 3 sensors said they still get occlusion in games like onward sometimes when they aim their gun. After paying onward i believe games like this are
FAR superior to the likes of Battlefield and call of duty and once more polished games like this arrive on the market i want very much a smooth experience with no problems on my end 

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
The guys who say this have their sensors setup wrong. I have 3 sensors and the only time I get a wavy hand is when I go into the corners of the room right near to the sensor. I don't need to ever go right into the corners of the room though and I would just be doing this to try and find faults. it's a good idea to have them 1ft to 2ft above your head facing down. 

There is a setup guide for 3 sensors somewhere on this site if you search for it. If you stick to this guide you shouldn't have any problems. The 3 sensors setup is best wall mounted.

I found the pic this is how it's done.

0kga56cria1t.jpg

Paddy234
Protege

lovethis said:

The guys who say this have their sensors setup wrong. I have 3 sensors and the only time I get a wavy hand is when I go into the corners of the room right near to the sensor. I don't need to ever go right into the corners of the though and I would just be doing this to try and find fault. it's a good idea to have them 1ft to 2ft above your head facing down. 

There is a setup guide for 3 sensors somewhere on this site if you search for it. If you stick to this guide you shouldn't have any problems. The 3 sensors setup is best wall mounted.

I found the pic this is how it's done.

0kga56cria1t.jpg

Cheers for that. I'm moving into my new place in a few weeks so will sort it out then. Look forward to playing onward and games like it with no tracking issues whatsoever