cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After several months to investigate, what is the cause of the jumps?

gamefan101
Adventurer
I am still suffering jumps with my 3 sensor setup, 1.14.  2 * USB3 (6' appart, 7' high) , 1 * USB2 right rear, 7'6" high.

1                         3

Desk

I can make it jump every time simply by staring at sensor number 3 (after a few seconds, it jumps), then turning and staring at sensor number 1 (after a few seconds, it jumps again).

I tried disabling sensor 1 (to make it a semi 360 setup), but it still jumps.

Do we have a definitive answer on the cause?

4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'd like to know as well. 

YoLolo69
Trustee
For me (3 sensors too, both front are on USB 3.0, headset and rear sensor USB2.0), this problem was lowered a lot when 1.13 came, and I wasn't able to reproduce it now with 1.14. My sensors are nearly all at the same height 1m90 and exact same inclination (max down), targeting the center of my play area.

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 10700K,  RTX 3070, 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz, Oculus Rift CV1

gamefan101
Adventurer
I have another wall mount on order so i will have all sensors at the same height soon. 

I hope that makes a difference.  I need the height in order to track my head (6'2") and also track the floor so I can pick things up if I drop them (in VR)

I'm convinced that it's the math of triangulating from 3 different xyz angles and 3 different xyz origins.

I think that the "jump" is the software doing a "correction" when a threshold of error is reached, but setting that threshold is the near impossible part, what with everyone's setup dimensions being slightly different.

If only oculus would expose some of these settings so that we can resolve our own issues.

The SDK tool needs to be expanded or a simple *.cfg file created with lots of definable options for those that wish to solve their own unique issues.