cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming v1.15 Software Update Live on Public Test Channel

cybereality
Grand Champion
Hey everyone –

The upcoming v1.15 software update is now live on the Public Test Channel. As always, patch notes will be included with the official full release, but we wanted to provide a short preview here.

First, with 1.15, Rift will fully support three-sensor configurations for larger roomscale setups. We’ve updated the new three-sensor setup wizard in the Oculus app based on the latest data, and everything looks good. This also means we’re planning to remove the experimental tag from roomscale support.

If you’re part of the Public Test Channel program and have multiple sensors, we encourage you to test it out and let us know what you think.

We’ve also improved the way we share health and safety information, including a new safety video with the option – after you’ve acknowledged the information – to enable/disable health and safety reminders when putting on Rift.

Thanks to everyone who’s helping us test 1.15 early. For those participating, remember to share comments and feedback via the bug reporting tool. We look forward to hearing from you.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
60 REPLIES 60

PixlmechStudios
Protege
My Oculus just updated to this 1.15 and now its show the oculus doesnt meet minimum requirements thing on top of my page. My Pc obviously meets or exceeds the requirements and still does when I run the test. I dont know why its now saying this and I dont care. I just would like to know please, how do get my oculus back to 1.14 where everything was looking how its suppose to look.
Thanks in advance
Asus strix mobo/Asus 1080ti strix 8gb.  Ryzen 7,custom water loop,thermaltake P5 case, 32gb Corsiar Veng RGB, samsung Evo,250,500, Velociraptor 250gb, 2TB backup, 6 display, 50inch main, KRK studio 5.1 surround.

cybereality
Grand Champion
You can ignore the "minimum requirements" message. There seems to be a bug where the notification comes up sometimes in error (it actually happened on my machine here). We are looking into it now, so it should be resolved soon. Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

PixlmechStudios
Protege
Thanks for the quick response, I did a rollback. When its fixed ill get it again. Im someone whos bought more than one oculus from the store due to having dropped one last week that so that message plays with my emotions and I cant ignore it lmaoo. 

Thanks again for the update
Asus strix mobo/Asus 1080ti strix 8gb.  Ryzen 7,custom water loop,thermaltake P5 case, 32gb Corsiar Veng RGB, samsung Evo,250,500, Velociraptor 250gb, 2TB backup, 6 display, 50inch main, KRK studio 5.1 surround.

Anonymous
Not applicable
CONGRATULATIONS Cybereality! The flashes/grey-outs/jumps are now long gone!
I no longer even need to set Affinity Settings to anything what so ever.
Just to fix the "Your computer dont meet minimum specs laddie..." message I do not need PLUS that health video can not be stopped once started and the switch for that does not work.
You forgot to add in a DISABLE ASW SWITCH! WE must have this.
ELITE is much smoother also 😉

WELL DONE!!!

flexy123
Superstar
Wow..you just scratched the word "experimental" while using the expression "room scale"...this is actually quite big if you think about it! 🙂

gamefan101
Adventurer
Using 1.15 for my 3 sensor setup and having done an IMU calibration, by doing a 360 and staring for a few seconds back and forth between sensor 1 and 3, I can still generate a recalibration (height jump), but it's less than an inch now.

I still notice the occasional jump when turning from the rear to facing forwards, but the jump is quite small now. (Using Medium to draw a circle as I rotate, and Deskscene to show the sensor extents, clearly shows that a slight jump is still present)

hoochyuk
Heroic Explorer
When's 4 sensor support getting support as since 1.13 my 4 sensor setup is flawless and needs recognition of how good tracking is in a 2.8m by 3.2 meter space also tracks past that but I leave a foot of wall space

hoochyuk
Heroic Explorer
Ps keep up the good work oculus name of bad tracking is a thing of the past for the vast majority

dap75
Honored Guest
Looks like performance has increased. Thumbs up for that. But OBS is not capturing the mirror window anymore. So no way to record any videos. Tried with Elite Dangerous (not launching via OH)