New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Help me pick one Touch title to purchase to get closer to the best 'complete' experience.

andysonofbobandysonofbob Posts: 146
Art3mis
Hi

There's a suprising amount of free content with the Touch!  A suprisingly complete experience too.

So

I have Robo Recall so I don't need Space Pirate Sim
I have Medium and Quill so I don't need Google Tilt Brush
Dead and Buried for MP combat (don't like MP games)
The space experiences
Fishing

I don't think I would be patient enough for Obduction
I was thinking Unspoken BUT I don't like MP games - can you play Unspoken in SP at all?

What game do you think I should buy that would help to complete my experience?

Thanks!

Comments

• inceptionalinceptional Posts: 90
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited May 13
    What are the "space experiences" that you have? Just curious.

PS. You could maybe get Superhot for Touch; it's an experience that is like no other Touch title, and it's a proper single player game too. It's also just cool as hell.

• andysonofbobandysonofbob Posts: 146
    Art3mis
    Awesome!

Thanks!
  • Shadowmask72Shadowmask72 Posts: 2,497 Valuable Player
    Rick & Morty and/or Call of the Starseed Ep 1. These aren't wave shooters. I'm sure Zenbane would recommend Wilson's.

System Specs: GTX 1080 ti , i7 4790K CPU, 16 GB RAM, Win 10 64 Bit OS.
  • ChazmeisterChazmeister Posts: 236
    Nexus 6
    I would recommend the Doom 3 BFG edition with the VR mod.
  • CalmfixupCalmfixup Posts: 286
    Nexus 6
    edited May 13
    I'd recommend both Wilson's Heart and Windlands. WH because it doesn't sound like you have any real story experiences and it's a lot of spooky fun, and Windlands because there's no other game like it in terms of actual gameplay - though if you're prone to motion sickness at all beware. 

• LuciferousLuciferous Posts: 1,186
    Neo
    Arizona Sunshine :) Zombie Heaven
  • MowTinMowTin Posts: 365
    Trinity
    What are the "space experiences" that you have? Just curious.

PS. You could maybe get Superhot for Touch; it's an experience that is like no other Touch title, and it's a proper single player game too. It's also just cool as hell.

I'm guess he means the Oculus ISS, Elite Dangerous or this....

• Arock387Arock387 Posts: 672
    Trinity
    cant play Interkosmos on teh rift apparenty.. :(

I could suggest Wilsons Heart or Arizona Sunshine.
  • falken76falken76 Posts: 1,616 Poster of the Week
    Arizona Sunshine and Superhot are great games, I would recommend them both.
  • PixlmechStudiosPixlmechStudios Posts: 61
    Hiro Protagonist
    It depends on what you like to do I guess. I just purchased Kingspray Graffiti. A spray paint sim. I have medium, quill, and tilt brush, but this was the app I was really looking for. This was the program that gave me a canvas if you will. And it feels like im genuinely there. Someone came online, waved, starting painting along side of me, until they some how erased everything we were doing. I wanted to throw the spray can at them. Then they spray painted sorry on the wall, lmao. The only game I havent really played was The Climb, so when I have a few extra bucks that would be the game I buy. But Tekken coming out soon so.
    Asus strix mobo/RX 480 8gb. Firepro w8100, Amd 8350,custom water loop,custom NZXT phantom case, 32gb crucial elite, samsung Evo,250,500, Velociraptor 250gb, 2TB backup, 6 display, 50inch main, KRK studio 5.1 surround.
  • SadGamerDadSadGamerDad Posts: 299
    Nexus 6
    edited May 16
    I'm a single player fan and only dabble in multiplayer. I'm also a story driven games fan and a fan of melee, some shooting and some simple puzzle solving. That being said, my time to enjoyment ratio is probably highest with Wilson's Heart, followed very closely with Arizona Sunshine (AS also has multiplayer which is a bonus)
  • e_m_d88e_m_d88 Posts: 371
    Trinity
    Star trek bridge crew is shaping up to look really fun to play.  Launches May 30th.
    ASUS Sabertooth Z170 S, i5 6600K. 16 gigs ram DDR-4 3000 MHZ. SSD Samsung 850 Pro 256 gigs. WD Caviar Black 1 TB. Windows 10 PRO 64-bit. Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1, Acer Predator XG270HU 1440p@144 hz, Phanteks Enthoo Pro case. EVGA Supernova 750 G2 PSU. Inatech 4 port USB 3.0.  Rift + Touch.
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 22,414 Oculus Staff
    I like SUPERHOT the best for the most innovative experience with Touch controllers. Arizona Sunshine is also good (and co-op) for a shooter but it's kind of generic. Wilson's Heart is great if you want more of a story/cinematic type of game.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • elbofforelboffor Posts: 2,284 Valuable Player
    I expect you to die. 

Can be done with a pad or mouse n keys but with the touch its awesome, albeit short.

Also air mech command if you like table top or rts games  (ots a fair mix pf the 2).

But of nothing else, like most have said

SUPER...
    This is my forum signature.
    There are many others like it, but this is mine.
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 22,414 Oculus Staff
    ... HOT
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • Techy111Techy111 Posts: 3,589 Valuable Player
    .........IS GREAT
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.
    And FlyInside Forum Admin.
  • bigmike20vtbigmike20vt Posts: 2,402 Poster of the Week
    edited May 17
    I would recommend the Doom 3 BFG edition with the VR mod.
    yep a +1 from me, and the insane thing is how cheap it is!!!.

and because it is so cheap, it should leave you with cash, so i would get Arizona Sunshine as well.
    Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR :)
  • WildtWildt Posts: 962 Poster of the Week
    edited May 17
    I have Robo Recall so I don't need Space Pirate Sim
    Assuming you mean Space Pirate Trainer, you really should try it if you like a score focused arcadey shooter you can pick up and play whenever you have 20 minutes. It's also cheap and quite different than Robo Recall. On steam you can refund it if you don't like it.

It's also just about to come out of early access - so maybe they're gonna announce it with a limited period low price (guessing)...

The devs have teased new enemy types and more, so I'm pretty hyped!
  • ZoomieZoomie Posts: 1,777 Valuable Player
    SUPER
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C Clarke
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 3,291 Power Poster
    HOT
    i7 5820K 4.25 GHz | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair LPX 32GB DDR4 3000 | Corsair Hydro H100i | Corsair HX750
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Samsung 850 Evo SSD 1 TB | Samsung 840 Evo SSD 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3TB
    My Oculus Medium sketchbook thread, and my Oculus Medium Gallery
  • CalmfixupCalmfixup Posts: 286
    Nexus 6
    SAIYAN
  • andysonofbobandysonofbob Posts: 146
    Art3mis
    Hi. I got super hot

It's pretty cool. Almost a Puzzle game.

Has anyone tried tethered? I refunded space pirate sim from steam

Now I don't know how if I should rebuy it or pick up tethered.  
    Is tethered any good with the touch?

Thanks!
  • Arock387Arock387 Posts: 672
    Trinity
    I personally enjoyed Tether more than SPT.  I like God games and thats the closest there is on the rift so far.  I pray that The Universim gets the VR treatment
  • JohnVRfanJohnVRfan Posts: 17
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    Arizona Sunshine is nice.