cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dk2 not working on newest driver but on 0.8

Rathren
Honored Guest
My Dk2 always worked well on the newest driver version. But suddenly the Dk2's displays stayed black when starting a app. Motion tracking and stuff still worked, tho. In the options under devises everything was and is working (green light). So I uninstalled the Oculus software and reinstalled the newest version again, but still the same error. So I uninstalled again and installed the 0.8 oculus runtime and there everything worked (at least the apps that work with 0.8). I installed the newest version again but it still isn't working.

Is there anything I can do to get the newest version to work again? Because I would really like to be able to use its features.
Tell me if you need more info. Thanks guys 🙂
17 REPLIES 17

oscsoft
Honored Guest
I have the same problem !! I ask to return support dk2 or to give the chance of a choice of installation of the driver !!

richberg
Honored Guest
Here same problem DK2 not working anymore after update. Everything looks fine in the software but screen stays black. Please help in enabling DK2 support again !!!!!

richberg
Honored Guest
Got confirmation from Oculus support that problem is being looked into. Hope they come up with a solution!

GreatSeaSpider
Honored Guest
Same problem here - everything is green but rift stays dark with orange light, glad to know it's not just me 🙂

bravesirdidymus
Honored Guest
Having same issue here. Has anyone had any word if/when this will be fixed?

richberg
Honored Guest
Oculus support adviced me to roll back the drivers of my GeForce GTX 750 Ti to an earlier version. I chose a driver which was 6 releases back and fortunately my DK2 came up with a picture again using the newest Rift software. Thanks to Oculus support for finding this working solution. Pitty however I cant use the latest graphics driver for my card. 

mjbonner70
Explorer
Richberg, same issue here! do you know which Nvidia Driver you chose by number? Also, is SteamVR working for you? I'm having 306/307 errors, but I guess its all wrapped up in the runtime conflict issue?

richberg
Honored Guest
Hi mjbonner70, I'm using version 381.89 right now and everything is working including steam VR!

mjbonner70
Explorer
Thanks, so just to check, you're on the latest runtime, which I think is now 1.15 (pushed thru very recently)?