New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

SYREN Updated with Ep.2 Issue

PablitoPablito Posts: 337
Trinity
My rig:

Momma Board:   Asroc Fatality 1
CPU:                   i7 4.2 Ghz
RAM:                  8 Gigs 2400Mhz
GPU:                  Zotac 1080ti Amp Extreme 11Gig ram

This is the PC that does not have what it takes to run this game at 2.0 pixel density on Ultra Settings while maintaining 90fps.  All other apps. no tango problemas.

Is anyone else dealing with this lag issue?

Comments

• Comic_Book_GuyComic_Book_Guy Posts: 1,041 Poster of the Week
    Your expectations are unrealistic ( ppd 2.0) and you shouldn't even be bothering with more than 1.5. The reasons why are available with a simple Google search.
  • PablitoPablito Posts: 337
    Trinity
    But I'm running Arizona Sunshine with everything maxed at 2.0 and butter smooth.  Many others as well.  My gut tells me this is a code optimization problem.  Ok, I'll check the Google search.
    edited May 20
    People using ppd @ 2.0 are pretty much enjoying a placebo that eats your fps. There's very little difference beyond 1.5 and more than that can even look worse as strange as that sounds. Agan, the info is out there.
    Trinity

People using ppd @ 2.0 are pretty much enjoying a placebo that eats your fps. There's very little difference beyond 1.5 and more than that can even look worse as strange as that sounds. Agan, the info is out there.
    Honestly, I've seen a very noticeable difference from 1.5 and 2.0.  I'm in my late 40's and need reading glasses, yet the difference is profound in 64 apps I've tested.  Incorrect on that one, but thanx. 
    edited May 24
    Pablito said:

Honestly, I've seen a very noticeable difference from 1.5 and 2.0.  I'm in my late 40's and need reading glasses, yet the difference is profound in 64 apps I've tested.  Incorrect on that one, but thanx. 
    It's not incorrect at all and I wish someone would jump in and lend a hand here so it's not just my word. 2.0 PPD can cause anomalies cancelling out the improvement. It's not advised to use 2.0. I've tried Googling it my self but can't find a source atm, something you seem unable to do, wanting info spoon fed to you but 2.0 is not advised anyways even with a 1080 ti.
    Even if 2.0 PPD worked perfectly the difference is NOT "profound" past 1.5.
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 22,414 Oculus Staff
    Yes, as you go higher you get diminishing returns and it can even make things look worse if you pump it up too much. Also, see this thread so you understand the actual resolution being used when you override pixel density.
    https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/51256/pixel-density-examples/p1
    For example, setting 2.0 would be rendering 5K resolution, which is crazy even for 1080Ti/TitanXp, let alone the kind of cards I see people using thinking everything is going to be smooth.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
    Trinity
    Daddousch87,  The Zotac 1080ti AMP Exreme is very impressive.  You've been really aggressive with your negative words.  Now you go have a time out and play Lego's or something while the big kids talk.  Do yourself a favor and Google some meds while your at it.  :D   I see with my own eyes that this card I have is pulling off 2.0 super sample with butter smooth frame rate- ULTRA SETTINGS!  Syren is lagging though. 

Cyberreality, check out this card.  The specs are amazing!  I did find a program this evening that hung the card on a few frames.  I downloaded a new roller coaster on NoLimits2 and it was so long and full of scenery that I got some really major lag.  But the NoLimits program allows any size coaster to be designed.  Eventually someone will build one big enough to trip it up.       
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 7,401 Power Poster
    edited May 24
    Pablito said:
    Daddousch87,  The Zotac 1080ti AMP Exreme is very impressive.  You've been really aggressive with your negative words.  Now you go have a time out and play Lego's or something while the big kids talk.  Do yourself a favor and Google some meds while your at it.  :D   I see with my own eyes that this card I have is pulling off 2.0 super sample with butter smooth frame rate- ULTRA SETTINGS!  Syren is lagging though.  
    He is right about the differences beyond 1.5; you are just theorycrafting here. You know that's your thing, mister. You argue theory, not practice.
    Unbanned but never Unbaned.

Trinity
    OK, ok.  At this point the topic does not concern me enough to spar any further with this boy-scout.  I'm touched how impassioned and eager Daddydousche78 was to help me though.  He really cared from the start. :0 :).

There there now my little Daddydousche78

GImme a break. You're trolling at this point. I offered facts, you argued, I replied, you replied, I replied again. Believe me I'm not bent out of shape about it.