Did you mean: 

Neverout (puzzle game for the Rift)

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Today I bought and completed a new puzzle game, Neverout:

https://setapp.pl/neverout/
https://www.oculus.com/experiences/rift/1564171116930006/

If you enjoyed the Esper puzzles then you will likely enjoy this one as well. Granted, Neverout doesn't really have a storyline. It's just a unique series of puzzles that involve you being trapped in a large cube trying to find an exit.

I took a special liking to this game due to my love of the cult classic movie, The Cube:

Neverout doesn't have the same appeal as Esper when it comes to the player interactions and voice-overs. Instead, Neverout focuses on the feeling of isolation and being "trapped." But if you have $10 to spare and enjoyed those Esper puzzles, then I recommend Neverout as a good 2-3 hour time killer.
8 REPLIES 8

DarkTenka
Trustee
Nice! .. This really reminds me of The Cube. I think I'll grab this.

Cheers.

Stryker1000
Heroic Explorer
is it a touch game ?. as its a bit confusing in the description if it is then ill get it .it looks interesting

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
It's Gamepad or Oculus Remote

Yeah I should have mentioned that!

Stryker1000
Heroic Explorer
well I just got my mrs to try it out and her verdict was "for seven quid its ok." but it didn't grab her as it lacked immersion as in essence all you did was move the rooms around to get to the next level ...but for seven quid that's fair enough .. so in summary she didn't knock it .. it just lacked ..content

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Some of the puzzles get pretty damn hard, and I did kinda like the ending scenery.

But yes, for a few dollars it's "okay" assuming puzzles is your thing 🙂

Stryker1000
Heroic Explorer
puzzles are her thing ...she absaloutly loved I expect you to die

DarkTenka
Trustee

is it a touch game ?. as its a bit confusing in the description if it is then ill get it .it looks interesting

OH's "Controller->Touch" Emulation works in it perfectly.

Sax-a-boom
Rising Star
oooh I love me a good puzzler. I'm not getting sucked in on the Esper link, because half the enjoyment was the quirky voice overs in that game. Nevertheless I may check this out. I'm perfectly fine with controller use, that's why I have a recliner :smile: