/ Forums
New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

lens distance moves during game play

DavEvilDavEvil Posts: 3
Virtual Boy (or Girl)
Hello I've already posted on steam VR but I believe it is an Oculus issue. The message "Distance Between Lens". It pops up every few seconds on my Oculus Rift when playing shooters etc on Steam. My friend doesn't suffer this with his Rift. is there a way to tighten adjuster or do I have a defective Rift? Thanks

Comments

• YoLolo69YoLolo69 Posts: 664
    Neo
    edited May 20
    I read several times post about it, but weirdly I never saw any pop-up message about lens distance changing, even when adjusting distance between lens on the Fly (not on the green cross dedicated menu), from Home or Steam games/apps.

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

• DavEvilDavEvil Posts: 3
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    Well, that is strange I wonder why I do?
  • flexy123flexy123 Posts: 503 Poster of the Week
    I wouldn't go by what STEAM says at first. (I've never seen this msg) Does the IPD (lens distance) in-fact change, if you check this from Oculus menu in VR? If this stays the same and doesn't actually change, it must be a problem with Steam and not Oculus or the Slider. (If the lens distance in Oculus would change, try a few times with the slider, this is not always 100% and sometimes my change on its own eg. if you knock the unit a little harder than you should. Might need a few tries to really keep the slider at the position.)
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 21,759 Oculus Staff
    I don't believe that is an Oculus message. At least I've never seen it, and I tried moving the IPD slider and there is no popup.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    PowerColor RX 480 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV