cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install Oculus-apps on SD Galaxy S7

Model53
Explorer
Hello, can anyone help me? In Oculus-store I see often that an app can be installed on SD-card. After dowmloading I see it is on internal, then I move it (settintgs-App-Storagelocation) to SD in the same directory as it was on internal, but does not work. I see only empty folders, the original files are still on internal, which is full now. Especially the Felix&Paul apps (Nomads, Cirque du Soleil) are large (Gb's) and will not move. With Marsmellow I could partition with 'adoptable storage', doesn't work anymore in Nougat on my S7. Does anyone know the solution?
2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable
Make sure your SD card is fast enough to run apps.  Ordinary SD cards run games slower and can cause the app to not load or crash.  The option to 'Move apps' to an SD card is dependent on the developer of the app(s).  I have an S7 with Nougat and almost all game apps are compatible to SD card.  I have noticed on mine (128GB SD Card) that the Samsung Browser won't work unless it's on Internal Storage.  I currently have 17GB worth of games from Oculus installed on the SD card.

Model53
Explorer
@DaiMon-Anthony: Sorry for my late reply. I use a fast SD card Samsung Pro+ 128Gb. When I move apps (like for example Nomads 2Gb) the folders are on sd, but empty, when I look into the internal folders they are still there. These are apps which since a few weeks say they can be stored on SD. So, I stil have no solution.