cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB 3.1 hub - Which one to buy

elboffor
Consultant
Ok so i built my new system and pit in the 2 inateck cards which work fine (not even tried the on board ports) but ive got very little wiring on display and wpuld rather use a different solution. A powered 3.1 hub would be prefect and would supply enough bandwidth i believe.

I have 4 seonsors all on usb 3.0 and my headset to accommodate.

Any suggestions on brand and amazon links would be appreciated.
This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

elboffor
Consultant
Bump?

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

elboffor
Consultant
Cmon, not even a trol after a day?

I know theres a couple o folk that do this, camt recall who it was though (bugger).

Thats it. Screw you guys, I'm buying a vive.

Madaras
Expert Protege
You trolled your own thread 😕

elboffor
Consultant
Nah, that was an inovative way to bump it. It got you looking at it 😛

Madaras
Expert Protege
I looked at it before, but like then I still don't have an answer. I too am curious as to what makes one hub better than another. I was looking at 3.0 hubs, the prices varied significantly between them. I'd like to purchase a good quality 3.1 or 3.0 hub.

elboffor
Consultant
@cybereality is there any advice you or the support crew could chip in with on this discussion?

cybereality
Grand Champion
I recall there being issues with USB 3.1. 3.0 is preferred or even 2.0 may be fine. Can you explain what problem you are trying to solve with the hub? Also, you don't want everything on USB 3.0. You have to split the bandwidth on different controllers, so it helps to have half on USB 3.0 and half on USB 2.0.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

elboffor
Consultant
Well i currently have 2 inatech cards with 2 sensors on one and 2 sensors and a hmd on the other.
Bandwidth over these isnt an issue.
All im trying to achieve is to use a hub imstead of these cards because they are dam ugly! (Ive just built my latest pc in a nzxt elite case and would rather have zero cables and or ugly expansion cards on display)

Madaras
Expert Protege
My problem, is for some reason alienware decided to make a gaming laptop with only two usbs....what were they thinking *face palm* They called it "VR ready" but you need a minimum of 3 usb ports to get VR up and running.

cybereality
Grand Champion
You can try a hub if you want. If you limit it to 2 cables per hub that may be OK. I haven't really tried, but it's worth checking and reporting back.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV