cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huge Performance Drop after Windows 10 Creators Update - Razer Blade 14"

tyrielwood
Explorer
Hello,
My Oculus Rift got barely usable after the Creators Update, with huge stuttering and lag not just in game but even in Oculus Home, problem that I never had before. My computer is a Razer Blade 14" late 2015 ( GTX 1060 6GB, i7-6700HQ, 16GB ram) a VR ready Laptop. when I got it everything were working smooth and perfect, I also bought a 3rd sensor and I never had problems, all till the last windows update (Creators Update). After that everything became a nightmare.
I tried to reinstall every driver for the oculus and after several clean installation of graphic card drivers, and all the tricks provided in the forum (like performance in NVidia control panel, high performance in power management) , I don't know how to move.
For Example Robo Recall was working smooth at high details, with 2.0 AL and sampling at 1.0. now it's still laggy and stutter at low, no AL and 0.8 of sampling, under that it's even hard to see. right now is barely usable, the tracking seems fine.
Please Help

2 REPLIES 2

cybereality
Grand Champion
Sorry about that. There are currently incompatibilities with the Creator's Update and Oculus software. However, if you already installed it, you can try disabling Game Mode which should resolve the issue. Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

tyrielwood
Explorer
I already tried and disable it, but nothing changed,
is it planned any update soon?