cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why is oculus rift not seeing the programs I have installed on an external drive?

wt9866
Honored Guest
I have been using Rift for months. Today after being away for a while I started the program. Oculus shows that none of my programs are installed. When I reinstall a program it tries to install to my C drive though the correct folder where I have been installing programs in the past is D:/Rift Games. WTF???
3 REPLIES 3

Meat_Man
Expert Protege
Sounds like a Windows Update is messing things up.

falken76
Expert Consultant
On mine sensor setup broke so you have to skip everything and click next just to get through the setup.  You still do what you have to do but it doesn't see the sensors at the beginning, it constantly tells you to move your sensors when it finally can see you.  Then when it's all done, all my software is gone, nothing is where it is supposed to be.  I set the install path for games to d:\oculusgames because my system drive is an SSD and doesn't have the space for games.  I think the latest windows update broke a lot of shit, including whatever Oculus uses to recognize the path of your games directory.

My steam games work fine at least.

falken76
Expert Consultant
So more than install is broken.  I am on version 1.20, I can not start a party with any friends, the only option is Profile.  Onward made me feel sick, it feels like ASW is not working.  There is constant flashing, I thought it was the tanker level of Onward glitching and showing lightening flashes while I was inside, but it also did this on all the other maps.  It feels like I can make the view flash on que most of the time, so this feels like the Sensors are switching between each other or something and when it does this the screen flashes, it's annoying as hell, it's like people are constantly setting off flashbangs around you intermittently.

When this game was working correctly it played very fluid, now it plays like it did when I first got it a year ago and didn't bother to try it again for that entire year because of getting sick.  Is that because the good version was whatever Oculus native means?  That's mentioned in one of the later updates, now that my native software is fucked up, is steam not able to use ASW?