cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1 sensor not detected

virtualsenor
Honored Guest
I bought the Rift+Touch bundle and one of my sensors appears to be dead, it doesn't get detected in Rift setup.
  • MSI Z77A-GD65 mobo
  • My USB 3 controller is Intel, with 2 rear ports and a midboard connector which 2 front ports are connected to
  • The Oculus compatibility tool doesn't bring up any problems with any of my USB controllers (I believe it's just the one Intel)
  • One sensor works fine in any of my 4 USB 3 ports - The duff sensor doesn't work in any port, not even USB 2
  • There is no unknown device for it in device manager when it's plugged in
  • The only hint of life is the white light does come on if you plug it in while the setup is running
I'm going to try it on a friend's computer later today but I think it's just dead.
2 REPLIES 2

luciano87sp
Explorer
Did it work on your friend's?
One of my sensors does not work. It does not even recognize windows. It does not make any sound either when I connect it, in contrast the other sensor works perfect. Probe on several computers and the same. My sensor died.

virtualsenor
Honored Guest
Nope it didn't work on my friend's computer either, I'm guessing it's just dead. I have a ticket with Oculus and I'm hoping they can just replace the sensor and that I wont have to return the whole package.