cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer - not. Oculus support (sales) is HORRIBLE! Cancelled order with zero follow-up!

Anonymous
Not applicable
I placed an order for the recent rift bundle/discount ($399) the day that they announced it.  The order was confirmed and I was hoping to get delivery.  Days later, I get a generic email stating the order has been canceled with zero details.  In researching this, it appears this was very common in 2016.  To be clear, I am not using a strange payment method or anything of that sort.  It should be a simple and straight-forward transaction.

At this point, I have created a support ticket and it has gone nowhere.  The support staff is unresponsive and has zero sense of urgency.  At this point, I have nothing to show for my attempts in getting this resolved.

Oculus team... as a potentially new customer, what should myself and all other potential customers think if you can't even get the sales of product figured out? I can only imagine what happens if/when you get the product and then you have issues with it.  

Awful experience so far!
47 REPLIES 47

Anonymous
Not applicable
It sounds to me that you're not being patient enough and don't understand or perhaps realise that their support section is going to be SWAMPED with support tickets due to drastically increased orders and sales.

By cancelling your order, assuming that you don't own a Vive, you're missing out on what is arguably the best home entertainment system available to buy.

Kratuln
Explorer

snowdog said:

It sounds to me that you're not being patient enough and don't understand or perhaps realise that their support section is going to be SWAMPED with support tickets due to drastically increased orders and sales.

By cancelling your order, assuming that you don't own a Vive, you're missing out on what is arguably the best home entertainment system available to buy.

I've been waiting four days. Explain that.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
As @snowdog said. Busy times.
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Um.. you guys have very low standards for customer service!  There is no excuse for cancelling a confirmed order without providing any feedback and not responding to ticket updates in nearly 4 days.        

This is Sales/support 101.   They aren't rookies here and went through similar stuff in 2016.   Come on now!

Snowdog:  

I think you misread my post.   Oculus cancelled my order with no details given.   I had no intention of cancelling and that is what I am trying to clear up.

flexy123
Superstar
I am not w/ Oculus but there can be various reason for an automatic cancellation.
When the names in the order and card don't match, or when orders come from "high risk" countries.
This is, AS I UNDERSTAND, done to minimize the risk of fraud etc. WHICH DOES HAPPEN. And it doesn't happen to "piss you off" (although of course understandable!!) but also to protect others and not piss even more people off...because when a fraudulent order is made, say with a stolen card or hacked paypal...it's always someone else also being the victim. Cancelling such an order and then resolving it is simply the better alternative as risking that someone else is being defrauded and loses a lot of money.

There is always a way to resolve this...by contacting them..opening a ticket. And that they are currently extremely busy...I mean we know this already. Yes it sucks, but it's not the end of the world.

captain567
Explorer
That's understandable but I've ordered things online with the same shipping address/billing address combination hundreds of times and this is literally the only time it has caused an issue.

I understand support being swamped but this shouldn't be a widespread problem in the first place.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Really sorry for the inconvenience. Orders are screened and can be cancelled for various reasons. In this case, you should submit a support ticket to see if the cancellation was a mistake. However, keep in mind we are experiencing heavy ticket volume due to the sale. Normally, we respond within the same day (sometimes multiple times in the same day) but currently response time will be delayed. Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

captain567
Explorer
Thanks @cybereality I appreciate your activity and am trying hard not to be too frustrated or negative. I've got an active ticket since Monday July 10 when it was taking a while for the order to move to processing and suspected something was up. It got cancelled so I guess I was right.

I've gotten 2 responses but they just amounted to 'don't make any new orders while we look into this', but after over 48 hours since cancellation it doesn't inspire much confidence that this will get resolved any time soon at this point.

The advice being 'don't make new orders' is also disheartening when you read about people ordering around the same time as your order got cancelled getting shipping notifications. :disappointed:

captain567
Explorer
Got a response back from support finally. I was instructed to just make a new order and provide them with the new order number. I inquired about faster shipping since the order has been delayed by 3 days now but that's apparently not an option.