/ Forums
New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Lone Echo and Echo Arena: Pricing and App Information

LilTrashPandaLilTrashPanda Posts: 35 Ready At Dawn
Hi everyone,

We’ve put together the following rundown regarding pricing for Lone Echo and Echo Arena, and are excited to share this with you today. Below, you can find an overview of how each app is priced and what each game includes, as well as timed promotions such as the Lone Echo pre-order and the Echo Arena Intel sponsorship.

Lone Echo: $39.99 USD / Pre-Order Price: $34.99 USD
  • If you have an Oculus account, Lone Echo will be available for you to play once you add it to your Oculus library.
  • The option to pre-order Lone Echo for $34.99 USD will be available until Lone Echo launches.
  • In Lone Echo, you can access Echo Arena through the game’s main menu. Purchasing Lone Echo will always give you access to Echo Arena at no extra cost.

Echo Arena: $19.99 USD / First 3 Months: FREE
  • If you have an Oculus account, Echo Arena will be available for you to play once you add it to your Oculus library.
  • Thanks to a sponsorship by Intel, Echo Arena will be completely free for all Oculus account holders to permanently add to their Oculus library for the first 3 months after launch (so make sure to get it during this time)! After those 3 months are up, it will cost $19.99 to add to your Oculus library. If you’ve already added Echo Arena to your Oculus library, you will not need to purchase it; you already own it!
    -    The exact date that this ends will be shared closer to the end of the 3-month sponsorship period.
  • Echo Arena does not include access to Lone Echo; you will need to purchase Lone Echo separately.

If you have any questions about what’s been posted above, please reply and let us know! :)

Comments

• flexy123flexy123 Posts: 495 Poster of the Week
    edited July 14
    First my admission: Since I am limited in space and I KNOW that I would smash my monitor and several cats the second I start playing, I have never even checked out Echo Arena, despite everyone saying it's the best game ever :)
    Secondly, it's again incredible that a title which is so popular and liked by many is EFFING FREE.....means it's ANOTHER top notch title that people get just like that without having to pay a penny...this is awesome! If you have a Rift..it's like a never-ending Christmas or something... :)
  • wraithwonwraithwon Posts: 2
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    I haven't tried it yet, but from what I've seen both Lone Echo and Echo Arena look to be awesome. I love the 3-month-free deal from the intel partnership too. Looks like a nice way to thank early adopters.
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 1,643 Valuable Player
    Outstanding! :smiley:
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • neocalericneocaleric Posts: 39
    Lawnmower Man (or Woman)
    Was interested in Lone Echo since announcement. Then i heard the buzz around Echo Arena at E3 and I thought it was the mandatory multiplayer crap publishers always make devs put in single player games. Tried the beta out of curiosity and i was SO wrong. Arena is one of the most fun games i've played ever, not just fun "for VR". It has tons of potential and i hope it gets big, like Rocket League. Gonna be hard since not many of us own a Rift but it has a better chance that every other multiplayer-only game i've tried. You need to give it a try this weekend and PLEASE download it and play it when it releases. I'll be getting Lone Echo as well of course. :D
  • petokaskepetokaske Posts: 4
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    edited July 17
    Hello, I see the presentation page of the game LONE ECHO That the game will make 37.83 MB.
    I think there's a mistake, is not it?

Another question.

Will the game be in English or will it be multi-language?
    I am French and most games that I do not understand.
    Add at least the subtitles. Thank you.
  • BB_CoolcatBB_Coolcat Posts: 15
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    petokaske said:
    Hello, I see the presentation page of the game LONE ECHO That the game will make 37.83 MB.
    I think there's a mistake, is not it?
    I don't know anything, but it might be the initial app that is just able to pull the actual game while showing some nice graphics. That way they can push content from their own CDN instead having to go through Oculus, which would give them more control and faster updates, because they don't have to rely on some guy at Oculus pushing a button in the middle of the night or so. Just guessing, though.
  • petokaskepetokaske Posts: 4
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    Ok. I see on the oculus home it takes 2.04 GB of free space so I do not understand what the 37 MB is. I thought it was a writing mistake.
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    Ah, now I looked at it in the store. 2.04 GB on disk while installed (extracting) and 37.83MB when its fully installed. That doesn't seem right. Also 2.04 GB seems pretty small. Echo Arena is 1.9 GB in size on disk and there is not much content in there, just one map, the lobby and the tutorials.
  • themadjockthemadjock Posts: 1
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    This size thing really worries me too, if the single player game is any sort of decent length the size should be over 10GB like ROBO RECALL etc. I guess the refund this always an option if it's less than 2 hrs long .... 
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    I guess the refund this always an option if it's less than 2 hrs long .... 
    Careful, the Oculus store might not have refund in your Country. For example in Germany it doesn't, I think UK is the only one. Otherwise I would have preordered a month ago, but without refund option and without any independent reviews/let's plays (at least I can't find any recent ones)....no way.
  • CrashFuCrashFu Posts: 1,083 Poster of the Week
    edited July 20
    Grabbed Lone Echo at the pre-order price (at pretty much the last second, lol).

Ever since the first trailers I've thought this one looked like a cool experience, and hey, I got a holiday bonus in my paycheck this week! I'll make sure to play it this weekend and let everyone know what I think. :+1:

The next nerd to cry about "the resolution" of top-of-the-line VR devices will be permanently banned from using ALL standard-definition media.  And yes, that includes all pre-Switch Nintendo games. Especially Melee.
  • EliteSPAEliteSPA Posts: 1,538
    Project 2501
    The game suppose to be released today, nothing jet.....
    71AWBj.png
    i7 6700K @ 4.2 GHz | Corsair 16GB DDR4 PC2300 | GTX 1080 SLI | Asus z170-Pro | Corsair RGB Strafe Keyboard | Logitech G27 | Oculus CV1 | Win 10 64 bit | Acer Predator x34 @ 100Hz
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 3,057 Power Poster
    Releases at 10am PDT (just under 6 hours from now).
    i7 5820K 4.25 GHz | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair LPX 32GB DDR4 3000 | Corsair Hydro H100i | Corsair HX750
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Samsung 850 Evo SSD 1 TB | Samsung 840 Evo SSD 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3TB
    My Oculus Medium sketchbook thread, and my Oculus Medium Gallery
  • Nugzy420Nugzy420 Posts: 4
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    I can't wait for this game to go live! Echo Arena is hands down the most fun gaming experience I've ever had, not just in VR. I can't believe they're giving it away for free, so I pre-ordered Lone Echo to support the devs. Just over two hours left to wait...
  • flybooneflyboone Posts: 78 Quick Draw McGraw
    Ditto!
    Dead and Buried Quick Draw Chamion
  • Mido_a91Mido_a91 Posts: 1
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    So when you get Echo Arena in the first three month, you don't have to buy it later on, or you still have to pay the $20 after the 3 months end?
    Mido_a91 said:
    So when you get Echo Arena in the first three month, you don't have to buy it later on, or you still have to pay the $20 after the 3 months end?
    If you grab it in the first three months, you own it permanently.
    i7 5820K 4.25 GHz | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair LPX 32GB DDR4 3000 | Corsair Hydro H100i | Corsair HX750
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Samsung 850 Evo SSD 1 TB | Samsung 840 Evo SSD 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3TB
  • EliteSPAEliteSPA Posts: 1,538
    Project 2501
    How many maps in echo arena?
    71AWBj.png
    i7 6700K @ 4.2 GHz | Corsair 16GB DDR4 PC2300 | GTX 1080 SLI | Asus z170-Pro | Corsair RGB Strafe Keyboard | Logitech G27 | Oculus CV1 | Win 10 64 bit | Acer Predator x34 @ 100Hz
  • netshamannetshaman Posts: 35
    Lawnmower Man (or Woman)
    I preordred a month ago and it is still not available for download, and i' m not the only one in this case as i see in the comments.

• Azazel08Azazel08 Posts: 1
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    same here. I preordered last month. still shows as preordered now on Lone Echo store page. no way to download
  • denisinladenisinla Posts: 1
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    I'm on the same boat as well. A few users on the discord/reddit were mentioning they were having issues processing pre-orders. A few cancelled and ordered full price to get it to work again. Wonder whats up with this.
    Lawnmower Man (or Woman)
    edited July 20
    oops double post !

Lawnmower Man (or Woman)
    denisinla said:
    I'm on the same boat as well. A few users on the discord/reddit were mentioning they were having issues processing pre-orders. A few cancelled and ordered full price to get it to work again. Wonder whats up with this.
    I hope they will be refunded for cancelling the pre order as one says in the store comment that it was not the case, and it had paid 76bucks for the game :/

• MikeB1007MikeB1007 Posts: 1
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    Same, pre-ordered can't download !!!!
  • Jacob_SingerJacob_Singer Posts: 4
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    Pre-ordered just this morning, also can't download. I'm willing to pay full price, but I'd rather not have to cancel and re-order. 
    edited July 20
    Give it time, pre-orders are currently being unlocked. Meanwhile, you can download Echo Arena (it's listed separately in the store as a free download).
  • zecazeca Posts: 1
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    still unable to download it... :(
  • Jacob_SingerJacob_Singer Posts: 4
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    nalex66 said:
    Give it time, pre-orders are currently being unlocked. Meanwhile, you can download Echo Arena (it's listed separately in the store as a free download).
    Yep, it eventually showed up, I'm downloading now. Have patience, kiddos!
    Lawnmower Man (or Woman)
    Yes , patience is the key to a better life ....  :P
    Lawnmower Man (or Woman)
    Hope we' ll not wait too long though...