cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My first real attempt at drawing

madamluck
Heroic Explorer
I've had medium for a few months and have messed around with it but tonight I gave a real attempt at drawing. I had started with the intent of drawing a younger woman but ended up as an old lady lol. 
ugfjm638kiec.png
21 REPLIES 21

madamluck
Heroic Explorer
And can I add that I seriously suck at drawing in vr lol... the work I've seen on here is so insanely good! 

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
You're off to a good start! Might want to try using separate layers for the eyes and hair. Especially the eyes, that makes it much easier to get the eyelids and sockets  sculpted around them. 

And don't worry about sucking. Pretty much everybody sucks at first. The trick is to double down and keep sucking and eventually it'll pass. On the plus side, your anatomy totally doesn't suck so you got that one in the bank from the git go

madamluck
Heroic Explorer

P3nT4gR4m said:

You're off to a good start! Might want to try using separate layers for the eyes and hair. Especially the eyes, that makes it much easier to get the eyelids and sockets  sculpted around them.

lol I have so much to learn. I struggled with the eyes so bad ! I'm not one for computer drawing so the whole layers thing never even came to mind! But thank you for that tip! Definitely will try that out 

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
I was the same. First thing I made had painted on eyes too. There's a lot to take in at the start. Compared to other packages Medium seems really basic at first but it's deceptively powerful. Takes a while to grow into

madamluck
Heroic Explorer

P3nT4gR4m said:

I was the same. First thing I made had painted on eyes too. There's a lot to take in at the start. Compared to other packages Medium seems really basic at first but it's deceptively powerful. Takes a while to grow into

I got back on it to see if I could figure out the layers... omg! Sooo much easier! Lol so again thank you so much for that. I have many questions on how to do things so I see a lot of watching tutorials on YouTube in my near future lol

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
I'm currently running a promo - if you subscribe to my YouTube channel you get 7 years good luck absolutely free

nalex66
MVP
MVP

madamluck said:

P3nT4gR4m said:

I got back on it to see if I could figure out the layers... omg! Sooo much easier! Lol so again thank you so much for that. I have many questions on how to do things so I see a lot of watching tutorials on YouTube in my near future lol

The nice thing about using different layers is that you can tweak the materials, so the eyes can be shinier, for instance. It also makes it easy to move parts of your sculpt around without messing up what you've already done.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

vannagirl
Consultant
Pfft

The creating and having a go is half of it

I like old suprised grandma 
Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 

madamluck
Heroic Explorer
@nalex66 you can make things look shiny!? Oh man I have sooo much to learn lol but. I have at least figured out layers so that a good start