/ Forums
New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Oculus Still hasn't shipped yet?

CibblerCibbler Posts: 12
Virtual Boy (or Girl)
So I ordered my Oculus on the sale the 12th on July, and I have still not gotten any mail saying it has been sent? 
I understand that there are alot of people who have ordered them now because of the sale but it just seems odd that it still hasn't shipped... I also updated my payment info because I think the last one was outdated, could this be a reason? Wouldn't I get a mail saying it couldn't ship because my card wasn't usable? I donno.

I'm just paranoid because I will be incredibly busy the coming week so if there's a problem with the shipping I'd like to solve it now since I'd really like it to have arrived in a week or so.

Thanks!

Comments

• Techy111Techy111 Posts: 3,448 Valuable Player
    Wait til the end of the weekend and see how it goes. I'm sure they'll be catching up asap and depending on stock levels ;)
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.
    And FlyInside Forum Admin.
  • chippoochippoo Posts: 3
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    I ordered on the 11th and my package was sent yesterday. So, think you have to wait a day or two :)
  • xwProjectxwProject Posts: 4
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    hmm.. also ordered mine on the 11th and still says:
    Order Status Order
    Tracking Numbers (TBA when your order ships)
    checked credit card and no transactions pending yet...
  • CibblerCibbler Posts: 12
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    It still hasn't shipped.....
  • chippoochippoo Posts: 3
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    Cibbler said:
    It still hasn't shipped.....
    Chill man, chill
  • TheRealAppTheRealApp Posts: 4
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    I got mine on the 10th and it just got here *16th*
    i think its because they ran a bit short, trust me man it will get there. 
  • todd.bowers.1970todd.bowers.1970 Posts: 1
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    Ordered on the 10th and mine also has not shipped. WTF! I sent in a ticket 3 days ago and no reply.
  • top_rungtop_rung Posts: 31
    Lawnmower Man (or Woman)
    I have a thread running here as well on cancellation of orders.  In my case, they cancelled my order on day 2 without notice or explanation.  Going on week 2, they still haven't replied to my ticket so I have no order.   Amazon, should you go there, is showing the product isn't going to be available until Aug 7th.   Awesome job Oculus!

• acenelsonacenelson Posts: 7
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    top_rung said:
    I have a thread running here as well on cancellation of orders.  In my case, they cancelled my order on day 2 without notice or explanation.  Going on week 2, they still haven't replied to my ticket so I have no order.   Amazon, should you go there, is showing the product isn't going to be available until Aug 7th.   Awesome job Oculus!

Top,

Why did they cancel your order? That makes me worried! Did you buy the discounted summer bundle? 
    Lawnmower Man (or Woman)
    They just replied today with zero explanation other than to apologize for the delay in responding  - I have requested they give me specific details on why it was cancelled, so we'll see. Today, they said that I should place another order or buy it from a reseller... Isn't that just lovely.  
    Lawnmower Man (or Woman)
    @acenelson  

Yes, I did order the summer bundle as soon as it was posted.  Simply put, they screwed up  and had a huge sale they couldn't support. My opinion (and that is all it is) is that they cancelled enough orders to save some face so that they could at least fulfill a percentage of the orders.  I have this opinion because of the numerous posts on the subject (here and elsewhere), the lack of  details provided by Oculus, as well as the fact that shortly after mine was cancelled, the bundled hardware was being reduced, Amazon posted it as a pre-order, etc.   It all just adds up to piss-poor management of this sale. 

• acenelsonacenelson Posts: 7
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    top_rung said:
    They just replied today with zero explanation other than to apologize for the delay in responding  - I have requested they give me specific details on why it was cancelled, so we'll see. Today, they said that I should place another order or buy it from a reseller... Isn't that just lovely.  
    That's a bummer I am sorry! Yea I wouldn't put in another order. I would go through Ebay and pay a little more money just to get the headset sooner. I have a feeling Oculus did not anticipate the amount of orders they have received due to the nice summer price they have right now. 
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    Just got this as a response to my ticket:

Hey Max,

Thanks for reaching out to us here at Oculus support, I see you are trying to see when your order will ship, it would be my pleasure to answer your question.

I can confirm that there is no issue with your order.

But, due to the exceptional response to our Summer Sale, we've seen an increase in demand and are working hard to keep up.

There is no ETA at this time, but we will be sure to email you with your shipping confirmation as soon as we ship!

We appreciate your understanding and patience in this matter, please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Warm regards,

Pearl 
    Oculus Support

• cryhav0ccryhav0c Posts: 4
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    Ordered mine on the 11th and still hasn't updated.  E-mailed them but only got canned response.  Still waiting.  Crazy.  Didn't they realize that if they went practically half price that they would be inundated with orders? 
  • mkurupmkurup Posts: 1
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    edited July 17
    Ordered on the 10th, and just got my tracking numbers.
    I am in the USA. Should be here Wednesday.

Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    ordered mine on 11th
    .. cc was just processed
    .. status changed from "Order" to "Processing for shipping"
    yay :)
    (also sent a small support request on the weekend checking on order status due to some of the recently posted cancellations, and they kindly replied in a few hours with similar message as above.. and payment was processed the next day.. today)
    either way .. lots of interest on the product is good.. give the nice people time to process everything :)
  • PrOjEcTTeLeKPrOjEcTTeLeK Posts: 6
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    I hope this means more funding for awesomeness 
  • jj_hennessyjj_hennessy Posts: 1
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    I ordered mine around 12AM on July 12th and still haven't received any shipment updates as of noon July 18th. It is crazy to me that they can't ship out a $400 product within the first week of purchase. 
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    edited July 19
    .. aaaaaannnndddd...
    get the email today with Sales Invoice in big letters
    .. along with tracking numbers!!
    yay!!
    edit: 7 days from order to shipped.. so 1 week
  • ironriceironrice Posts: 2
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    I bought on 7/12 and it's still not shipped. 
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    xwProject said:
    .. aaaaaannnndddd...
    get the email today with Sales Invoice in big letters
    .. along with tracking numbers!!
    yay!!
    edit: 7 days from order to shipped.. so 1 week
    "Celebrating" one week today, still nothing...
  • cryhav0ccryhav0c Posts: 4
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    Just got my info.  Will be 9 days from order to reception, if arrives on time.  Not bad but lack of communication promotes these kind of threads and starts off a relationship with bad vibes.  Never a good idea. 
  • HarakuroHarakuro Posts: 29
    Lawnmower Man (or Woman)
    I'm currently now sitting on processing shipment. I'm assume that it probly didn't get put on the truck today cause this updated fairly late. So tomorrow i should get my tracking info. But yeah, we're looking at a Week's delay at the moment. 
  • bertusaurusbertusaurus Posts: 10
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    Not for me, still sitting on "Order" and I ordered at 7PM on the 11th (AEST, so like 9AM GMT).
  • PetrolHead209PetrolHead209 Posts: 14
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    Not for me, still sitting on "Order" and I ordered at 7PM on the 11th (AEST, so like 9AM GMT).
    Me too, ordered on the 11th. Have you had payment taken? Sounds like quite a few Aussies who ordered on the 11th are still waiting (I'm from NZ but sounds like orders are processed in Hong Kong for Aus/NZ)
  • bertusaurusbertusaurus Posts: 10
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    Only a verification amount on my card which was cancelled after about 7 days.
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    Today (9 days after ordering) I got a mail saying my order has been processed and I should get a tracking number soon, really happy but also really dissapointed in oculus...
  • bruce_02bruce_02 Posts: 15
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    Still nothing to Australia, Ordered mine on the 11th
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    bruce_02 said:
    Still nothing to Australia, Ordered mine on the 11th
    Wierd af, contact the support, that's what I did, might've had something to do with it...??
  • bruce_02bruce_02 Posts: 15
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    I have many times, just get the usually response about over whelming sales