New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Robo Recall Update

TommyJacob_EpicTommyJacob_Epic Posts: 1 Epic Games
Today we released an update to Robo Recall. This update fixed a bug where some players were getting stuck on a black screen at startup. If this issue occurs, a restart will reset your settings file and clear the issue. This will not affect your saved game. We have updated our Korean localization to improve clarity on several terms and phrases and updated the credits to include the extended list of Robo Recall contributors.

Comments

• markie_gmarkie_g Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Great game thanks EPIC :*
    Please make Infinity Blade VR!
  • cleanupdisccleanupdisc Posts: 176
    Art3mis
    I noticed this update today!
  • DantacDantac Posts: 32
    Brain Burst
    The update is causing issues. I played Robo Recall with ZERO problems since I purchased the Rift 3 days ago..and come this update I'm getting messages playing robo recall that my headset is not detected. It does not happen in other games. You're playing normally then the game stops and you get the message that the headset is not detected. Seems to happen at random with a spacing of roughly 5 mins apart. It has made the game unplayable.
    Art3mis
    Dantac said:
    The update is causing issues. I played Robo Recall with ZERO problems since I purchased the Rift 3 days ago..and come this update I'm getting messages playing robo recall that my headset is not detected. It does not happen in other games. You're playing normally then the game stops and you get the message that the headset is not detected. Seems to happen at random with a spacing of roughly 5 mins apart. It has made the game unplayable.
    I didnt have that issue when playing for about 30 minutes after the update last night.
    Brain Burst
    Dantac said:
    I didnt have that issue when playing for about 30 minutes after the update last night.
    Dunno what to tell you. The first 2 days I bought the rift were my days off and I spent at least 12+ hours playing Robo Recall (its now my fitness/exercise routine :P !), 3rd day I played for 6 hours before going to work... neither this nor any issue happened. Wake up this morning, it updates, start playing and 5 to 10 mins later pow this issue starts. Logic dictates the update did something no?  
    Art3mis
    Dantac said:
    Dantac said:
    Dunno what to tell you. The first 2 days I bought the rift were my days off and I spent at least 12+ hours playing Robo Recall (its now my fitness/exercise routine :P !), 3rd day I played for 6 hours before going to work... neither this nor any issue happened. Wake up this morning, it updates, start playing and 5 to 10 mins later pow this issue starts. Logic dictates the update did something no?  
    Anythings possible... Maybe your pc didnt update the game properly or fully? You could always try reinstalling the game. 
  • ChazmeisterChazmeister Posts: 244
    Nexus 6
    markie_g said:
    Great game thanks EPIC :*
    Please make Infinity Blade VR!
    What we need, is a new Unreal game made for VR!
  • falken76falken76 Posts: 1,640 Poster of the Week
    Dantac said:

That sounds like a hardware issue that has plagued the Rift since its release.  I just got my replacement rift via RMA for the exact issue you are describing.  It's intermittent, but you'll likely find that it starts to effect all your games until it gets to a point that the rift is absolutely unusable.  If nobody else has disconnect issues, it's likely your headset is starting to fail.  Be prepared to start a support ticket...
    Brain Burst
    falken76 said:
    Dantac said:

That sounds like a hardware issue that has plagued the Rift since its release.  I just got my replacement rift via RMA for the exact issue you are describing.  It's intermittent, but you'll likely find that it starts to effect all your games until it gets to a point that the rift is absolutely unusable.  If nobody else has disconnect issues, it's likely your headset is starting to fail.  Be prepared to start a support ticket...

That is very disturbing to hear. If the hardware is sure to fail after a short time like this requiring RMA and such nonstop then it makes dropping so much money on it be a bad investment. If it continues to do it this week, while im still within the 14 days best buy has to return it, I'll return it and wait for Oculus or a competitor to release something better. It makes no sense to RMA something that has such a chronic 'feature'.
    Art3mis
    edited July 23
    Maybe try making sure your sensors are tilted high enough and are far enough away to see your headset at all times.
    Brain Burst
    Maybe try making sure your sensors are tilted high enough and are far enough away to see your headset at all times.
    They worked flawlessly for 4 days so its extremely unlikely its the sensors (haven't been moved either). Again, this began right after the patch. 
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 22,775 Oculus Staff
    @Dantac I'd recommend getting a replacement, especially if you are still covered. 
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
    Brain Burst
    @Dantac I'd recommend getting a replacement, especially if you are still covered. 
    I reinstalled the game and it works fine now. I'm quite relieved :)
  • jay4405jay4405 Posts: 37
    Brain Burst
    @falken76, how long did it take for you to get a replacement after it was delivered to the warehouse?
    I'm still waiting on a confirmation that a replacement has been sent and the warehouse received it 8 days ago. 
    Did you eventually get a return tracking number or did it just show up.
  • worcworc Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    still haven't fixed the recurring audio issue with robo recall. it's the only game in either oculus or steam that regularly drops audio.
  • MowTinMowTin Posts: 414
    Trinity
    I got excited when I saw the thread title. I was expecting (hoping) another level or more content. 
    Brain Burst
    @falken76, how long did it take for you to get a replacement after it was delivered to the warehouse?
    I'm still waiting on a confirmation that a replacement has been sent and the warehouse received it 8 days ago. 
    Did you eventually get a return tracking number or did it just show up at your house one day. Man I just want to play Lone Echo!!!!!
    Brain Burst
    Did you eventually get a return tracking number or did it just show up at your house one day. Man I just want to play Lone Echo!!!!!
  • SLO7HSLO7H Posts: 9
    NerveGear
    I have only played 2 levels, but this game is freaking amazing! When she told me I could put my hands behind my back and grab 2 shotguns?! Hell YEEAAH!! This is so badass!
    Was stuck where you had to collect 10 robots and played that level 6 times before I finally figured out that i'm not supposed to kill them, i'm supposed to literally collect them, by grabbing and throwing them into the circle xD

Hoping for future development of this game, meaning more levels and challenges, hopefully there will be more after I reach the end.
  • dragolorddragolord Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Robo Recall seems more jerky / screen not smooth during game play recently, anyone experiencing similar issue?
  • Hugh_NHugh_N Posts: 18
    NerveGear
    SLO7H said:
    I have only played 2 levels, but this game is freaking amazing! When she told me I could put my hands behind my back and grab 2 shotguns?! Hell YEEAAH!! This is so badass!
    But did you then do as I did and pretty much punch yourself in the HMD as you reached for the shotguns?  :D
  • Micro666Micro666 Posts: 14
    NerveGear
    dragolord said:
    Robo Recall seems more jerky / screen not smooth during game play recently, anyone experiencing similar issue?

Yes, exact same issue. Robo Recall is jerky, and sometimes loses tracking all together. I don't get it in any other title, and I never used to get it in Robo Recall either. I have a core i7, 32GB RAM, and GTX 1080Ti, so it's not that I'm underpowered ;-)

Last time I played Robo Recall, which was around month ago it was fine. What I have noticed, is that the tracking / jerking issue gets worse when you put your hands up within view

Something has changed with the latest update I think. Either Robo Recall's update, or Oculus 1.17 beta?
  • WildtWildt Posts: 979 Poster of the Week
    @Micro666

A core i7 can be MANY things - be specific.
    jay4405 said:
    Did you eventually get a return tracking number or did it just show up.

It took about 3 business days after they received it.  They ended up sending me an email with a tracking number.  I got mine replaced right as the new sale was starting, so I don't believe they were nearly as busy yet when my RMA was actually processed.
    edited August 18
    Dantac said:
    falken76 said:
    Dantac said:

That is very disturbing to hear. If the hardware is sure to fail after a short time like this requiring RMA and such nonstop then it makes dropping so much money on it be a bad investment. If it continues to do it this week, while im still within the 14 days best buy has to return it, I'll return it and wait for Oculus or a competitor to release something better. It makes no sense to RMA something that has such a chronic 'feature'.
    It doesn't seem to effect all rifts.  My friend and my brother both bought a rift after they tried mine and theirs have had no issues at all.  Mine had problems from the start, I think I got a defective unit from the start.  A lot of people had this issue early in the rifts release, it's probably gotten much better since then because there are no where near as many posts about it now.
  • 9676696766 Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    I'm getting the black screen problem now.  It was fine until a couple days ago.  Tried restarting oculus headset,  restarting computer,  updating drivers and nothing.  I'd like to play the game again
  • Ulisse76Ulisse76 Posts: 37
    Brain Burst
    Hello everybody. Just to tell you what happened to me. Maybe it could help. I didn't perform the update but I have had black screen and several crash reports while loading mission 1-2. I solved the issues increasing the virtual memory in Windows (maximum virtual memory 5GB). I have 8GB of RAM and gtx 1060 6GB. Now I am going to buy 16GB of ram.
  • MAC_MAN86MAC_MAN86 Posts: 65
    Hiro Protagonist
    Is travel without Teleport working?
  • randomvr2017randomvr2017 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    edited September 6
    Some nasty bug just destroyed my game progress. I was at about 50% complete and for some unknown reason I am suddenly back to 8%. I am back to mission level 1-1, and all weapon upgrades were lost. I had 40/50 stars, now it says 5/50 stars. But then it still says level 24 under status.

And in my Oculus library, I suddenly got a launch icon "roborecall-win64-shipping.exe" (with an Unreal logo on the icon) next to the normal Robo Recall icon. If I try to launch it, it says "checking your privilege.. entitlement not found! Please download through the Oculus store" (of course I downloaded Robo Recall from the Oculus store, and had been playing it for days).

Also, earlier, before I lost my save, in the game, my pistol couldn't be upgraded to Automatic -- unlike the other weapons, there was no indication message in the interface saying when the next unlock would be available. I got all the other weapon upgrades except for that.

Just some problems I'm having with this game.

Edit: found other users with this issue, also happened at ***level 24***:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/611jsv/robo_recall_progress_deleted_bug/

• Th4Sing3Th4Sing3 Posts: 108
    Art3mis
    Where and how i can report bugs for this game ?