cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Robo Recall Update

TommyJacob_Epic
Honored Guest
Today we released an update to Robo Recall. This update fixed a bug where some players were getting stuck on a black screen at startup. If this issue occurs, a restart will reset your settings file and clear the issue. This will not affect your saved game. We have updated our Korean localization to improve clarity on several terms and phrases and updated the credits to include the extended list of Robo Recall contributors.
95 REPLIES 95

markie_g
Honored Guest
Great game thanks EPIC 😘
Please make Infinity Blade VR!

cleanupdisc
Adventurer
I noticed this update today!

Dantac
Protege
The update is causing issues. I played Robo Recall with ZERO problems since I purchased the Rift 3 days ago..and come this update I'm getting messages playing robo recall that my headset is not detected. It does not happen in other games.

You're playing normally then the game stops and you get the message that the headset is not detected. Seems to happen at random with a spacing of roughly 5 mins apart.

It has made the game unplayable.

cleanupdisc
Adventurer

Dantac said:

The update is causing issues. I played Robo Recall with ZERO problems since I purchased the Rift 3 days ago..and come this update I'm getting messages playing robo recall that my headset is not detected. It does not happen in other games.

You're playing normally then the game stops and you get the message that the headset is not detected. Seems to happen at random with a spacing of roughly 5 mins apart.

I didnt have that issue when playing for about 30 minutes after the update last night.

Dantac
Protege

Dantac said:

I didnt have that issue when playing for about 30 minutes after the update last night.

Dunno what to tell you. The first 2 days I bought the rift were my days off and I spent at least 12+ hours playing Robo Recall (its now my fitness/exercise routine 😛 !), 3rd day I played for 6 hours before going to work... neither this nor any issue happened. Wake up this morning, it updates, start playing and 5 to 10 mins later pow this issue starts. Logic dictates the update did something no?  

cleanupdisc
Adventurer

Dantac said:

Dantac said:

Dunno what to tell you. The first 2 days I bought the rift were my days off and I spent at least 12+ hours playing Robo Recall (its now my fitness/exercise routine 😛 !), 3rd day I played for 6 hours before going to work... neither this nor any issue happened. Wake up this morning, it updates, start playing and 5 to 10 mins later pow this issue starts. Logic dictates the update did something no?  

Anythings possible... Maybe your pc didnt update the game properly or fully? You could always try reinstalling the game. 

Chazmeister
Rising Star

markie_g said:

Great game thanks EPIC 😘
Please make Infinity Blade VR!

What we need, is a new Unreal game made for VR!

falken76
Expert Consultant

Dantac said:

That sounds like a hardware issue that has plagued the Rift since its release.  I just got my replacement rift via RMA for the exact issue you are describing.  It's intermittent, but you'll likely find that it starts to effect all your games until it gets to a point that the rift is absolutely unusable.  If nobody else has disconnect issues, it's likely your headset is starting to fail.  Be prepared to start a support ticket...

Dantac
Protege

falken76 said:

Dantac said:

That sounds like a hardware issue that has plagued the Rift since its release.  I just got my replacement rift via RMA for the exact issue you are describing.  It's intermittent, but you'll likely find that it starts to effect all your games until it gets to a point that the rift is absolutely unusable.  If nobody else has disconnect issues, it's likely your headset is starting to fail.  Be prepared to start a support ticket...

That is very disturbing to hear. If the hardware is sure to fail after a short time like this requiring RMA and such nonstop then it makes dropping so much money on it be a bad investment. If it continues to do it this week, while im still within the 14 days best buy has to return it, I'll return it and wait for Oculus or a competitor to release something better. It makes no sense to RMA something that has such a chronic 'feature'.