cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flying around with the Hydra in my VR Sandbox

robotloveskitty
Honored Guest

Once I have time to get the calibration done, I'll post a copy so other people can try it out 😄
12 REPLIES 12

mdk
Honored Guest
That is very neat. How natural does flying "superman style" feel in VR?

donkaradiablo
Explorer
Great!
Design with input solution, unifying mobile and PC product lines the input solution that could have been ideas Revolutionize the way we interact with... Change the world... Community...

robotloveskitty
Honored Guest
"mdk" wrote:
That is very neat. How natural does flying "superman style" feel in VR?

Very! After a few 'lessons' I can move pretty much however I want 😄 It's just like I imagined it could be!

The first time I took off and held my hands out and launched forward with my feet still on the ground, they acted like a pivot and I went hurtling to the floor face first XD

Mithos56
Explorer
This is really cool and I'd love to try this out! That being said, isn't there a certain Dungeon you should be legending? :lol:

I'm actually curious if this is based off the Occulus controller, or did you make your own?

craigotron
Honored Guest
I should get my hydras in the next few days, so I can't wait till you release the demo for this. Looks great!

robotloveskitty
Honored Guest
"Mithos56" wrote:
This is really cool and I'd love to try this out! That being said, isn't there a certain Dungeon you should be legending? :lol:

I'm actually curious if this is based off the Occulus controller, or did you make your own?

All work and no play makes Robot :ERROR:
I am mostly working on Legend of Dungeon... BUT I HAVE A VR HEADSET... so...

I am using the default OVRCamera, but the movement is all custom and physics based.

Mithos56
Explorer
Haha, I'm mostly just jealous that mine hasn't arrived yet.

At any rate, it looks very cool, and using the hands as propulsion seems like a good idea, and I'm glad you mentioned it, because I wouldn't have thought of it.

You have the workings of what would be the best superman game ever, there.

cybereality
Grand Champion
This looks awesome!
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

robotloveskitty
Honored Guest
Posted the demo over here: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=564