cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"UE4-Lift Game has crashed and will close" error when launching Eve, Portal VR stories

RagingPenguin4
Honored Guest
Just picked up my rift this Thursday and haven't had any problems with most games. However, when I try to launch either Eve or PortalVR stories I get the above error and it crashes before even launching. Both errors are pretty similar but I don't think they are exactly the same. I updated my graphics drivers and it seems like my directx is up to date (I'm running windows 10 and directx from dxdiag says I'm on directx 11). 

I've found nothing relating this to VR on the internet but I've only ever seen this when trying to run games on my rift. I've run numerous games for a year now on my computer with no issues.  Right now all I'm seeing across the internet is for random games across the past few years and unreal engine developer docs. I thought it was all UE4 games but I believe Robot Recall is a UE4 game and it works fine. Has anyone gone through this issue as well and can possibly offer some advice? Thanks!

vpdh9dnqomrg.png
11 REPLIES 11

funderwood2000
Honored Guest
I'm having the same issue and can't find a solution

FulhamTarheel
Honored Guest
Happens to me on every single Unreal Engine game.

Played Eve Valkyrie once, and I've never been able to get back into it.  Also happens on Robo Recall and Toybox.

GTX 1080 has the most updated drivers.  Oculus client was deleted and re-installed,  Not helping at all.

They need to get this sorted out!

FulhamTarheel
Honored Guest
Bump!

zootech77
Honored Guest

Just try to change compatibility mode of lift.exe to "Windows 7".
It works for my configuration.

More explanations :
With explorer, go to your Portal Stories directory
....\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Portal Stories VR
Right click on lift.exe, and choose properties
Go to Compatibility tab
Check "Execute this program in compatibility mode"
Choose "Windows 7" in the list
Validate the changes with OK

cybereality
Grand Champion
If you have Asus AI Suite or Asus Sonic Suite you should uninstall them,
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

T90125
Explorer
All UE4 games were crashing to desktop after a few minutes of play when I got my Rift on Monday. Yesterday I deleted the folder (in Windows 10) C:\Users\your username\AppData\Local\UnrealEngine, after which I've had several hours of play with no crashes in UE4 games. 

FulhamTarheel
Honored Guest

T90125 said:

All UE4 games were crashing to desktop after a few minutes of play when I got my Rift on Monday. Yesterday I deleted the folder (in Windows 10) C:\Users\your username\AppData\Local\UnrealEngine, after which I've had several hours of play with no crashes in UE4 games. 

Tried this.

Got Robo Recall going!  Still no Eve Valkyrie.  So it's progress.

T90125
Explorer

T90125 said:

Tried this.

Got Robo Recall going!  Still no Eve Valkyrie.  So it's progress.

Excellent news on the progress. Please let us know if you get Eve Valkyrie going. I haven't got it but it's on my shopping list, will report here if I get it and have the same troubles.

Nelordy97
Honored Guest

I've got an Error like this:

LowLevelFatalError [File:D:\BuildFarm\buildmachine_++UE4+Release-4.11\Engine\Source\Runtime\Windows\D3D11RHI\Private\D3D11Util.cpp] [Line: 239] 
Direct3DDevice->CreateTexture2D(TextureDesc,SubResourceData,OutTexture2D) failed 
 at D:\BuildFarm\buildmachine_++UE4+Release-4.11\Engine\Source\Runtime\Windows\D3D11RHI\Private\D3D11Texture.cpp:432 
 with error E_INVALIDARG, 
 Size=1073741824x1073741824x1 Format=DXGI_FORMAT_B8G8R8A8_TYPELESS(0x0000005A), NumMips=1, Flags=D3D11_BIND_RENDER_TARGET D3D11_BIND_SHADER_RESOURCE