cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1.17 Public Test Channel Update: Parties for Rift

shozubq
Honored Guest
Today we’re rolling out an update to PublicTest that includes a new feature: Parties for Rift, so you can talk live with friends. In Oculus Home or Universal Menu, you can select a friend and choose “Invite to Party.” Friends in your party can chat with you across Rift apps, or wherever you go in VR. Each party can support a total of four people at a time and each person must have the PublicTest build installed to use Parties on Rift. Access to Parties will be rolling out gradually over the next twenty-four hours, so if you don’t see it right away, be patient.

For complete 1.17 release notes please refer to this post.

11 REPLIES 11

elboffor
Consultant
Who did what now!

Oustanding!
This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.

gamersbubu
Explorer
I think I just blushed.

Heaney-555
Heroic Explorer
Awesome!

vannagirl
Consultant
Wow

Its all coming together slowly huh. I am still loving launching steam titles and how amazing lone echo is

Now this  😮
Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 

CrashFu
Consultant
The only downside is we're probably going to hear a lot of people "talking to themselves" in random pub matches.   Like those a-holes that walk around grocery stores having convos over bluetooth. :tongue:

It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.

EliteSPA
Superstar
Finally! 
i7 6700K @ 4.2 GHz | Corsair 16GB DDR4 PC2300 | GTX 1080 Ti | Asus z170-Pro | Corsair RGB Strafe Keyboard | Logitech G27 | Oculus CV1 + Touch + 4 Sensors | Win 10 64 bit | Acer Predator x34 @ 100Hz

SadGamerDad
Heroic Explorer
<Cough><mumbles> About Time</Cough></mumbles>   I'll pop on PTU if anyone wants to get together for some gaming , hanging out, video recording, live streaming or whatever.. 

BadDanME
Expert Protege
Tried the party yesterday. In Oculus Home everything was fine, but when we were in Sportsbar VR, the sound was very bad and chopped. Anyone else having those issues?

BadDanME
Expert Protege
Seems like no one else is having trouble with the speechquality ingame. Strange.