cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1.17 Rift Release Notes

VirtuaJulian
Adventurer
Calling all Rift owners - 1.17 starts rolling out today! New updates include Parties chat system, release notes for recent app updates, and more! As always, your feedback is appreciated, let us know what you think.

FEATURES:
  • Oculus Library:
    • You can now see detailed release notes for recent app updates, including the Oculus system software, from the Updates screen in Library.
    • You can now quickly launch all apps that support Rift from within the Oculus software, even if you acquired those apps from outside the Oculus Store.
  • Parties for Rift: In Oculus Home or Universal Menu, select a friend and choose Invite to Party. Friends in your party can chat with you across Rift apps, or wherever you go in VR. Each party can support a total of 4 people at a time.
  • Mixed Reality Capture: Further improvements to the calibration tool.
BUG FIXES:
  • Fixed an issue where reconnecting the Rift headset wouldn't fully restore functionality after being disconnected.
  • Fixed an issue with lens slider settings not being respected in some situations.
  • Fixed an issue with the floor shifting while you're in VR.
  • Miscellaneous performance improvements, stability enhancement, and bug fixes.
44 REPLIES 44

ThatPersonGuy
Explorer
The update won't start downloading, it's "queued" but with won't change from that. Any way I can force it to start downloading?

Yulirev
Honored Guest

The update won't start downloading, it's "queued" but with won't change from that. Any way I can force it to start downloading?

exact same for me, how we can do ?

TheDuder
Explorer

Yulirev said:

exact same for me, how we can do ?

Were you able to get this resolved? 

It may be best to try restarting the client if you're still stuck. 

BeastyBaiter
Superstar
It claims it has started downloading every 5 minutes for me, but nothing ever actually happens. I've restarted the program and even done a full shutdown. Seems to be an issue on their end, maybe the update is listed but not actually live yet.

blacklockshoot
Explorer

It claims it has started downloading every 5 minutes for me, but nothing ever actually happens. I've restarted the program and even done a full shutdown. Seems to be an issue on their end, maybe the update is listed but not actually live yet.

same to me ,and now i can't launch my oculus TAT

BeastyBaiter
Superstar
It has since updated, no issue now.

Stumpy2101
Protege
Am relativly new to Oculus Rift so please excuse the possible ignorance - but what can one expect with a new roll-out in terms of how and when?
The new Library features look really good and I would like to try them out soonest. One-stop-shop. Lovely!
Do I need to do something for the Oculus Home to update? Or will it update itself and notify me somehow to restart or whatnot? How long can the roll-out take? Is it progressive by region/geography and slowly can take days?
Thanks for explanations and the understanding of my childish impatience to the awesome new world of Rift VR B)

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm sorry but how to get this version? It's a release by country or it's for all Oculus owners.?
Could downloaded start automaticcaly ?

nalex66
MVP
MVP
It typically rolls out gradually over a couple days. You might be able to get it immediately by opting in to the beta stream, which should still be the same version as the new release. Other than that, there's no way to force the update.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo