cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am going to buy an AMD Vega poll !! >> ???

Log_a_Frog
Heroic Explorer
Anyone going AMD ??
14 REPLIES 14

Log_a_Frog
Heroic Explorer
Does anyone know if Oculus will be working with AMD and their new Vega to produce better games on Oculus Rift?? Ie, use their technology, GPU engine features ??

cleanupdisc
Adventurer
I will be buying vega. Games like raw data and "the climb" i would see improvement. Supersampling as well. I have an rx 480, but am looking to improve be cause i can haha. The rx 480 is a beast though.

frankelfert
Protege
I bought my AMD Fury X a couple of years ago with the idea to be VR ready. Now 2 years laters i'm finally using the AMD Fury X where I bought it for in the first place 🙂

I'm really looking forward to the Vega, but with my current setup (AMD 1700 + Fury) I can play every game smoothly, so for now I don't have any reason to upgrade, but if the games improve i will certainly buy a Vega 64.

And yes there will be improvements for VR with the Vega chipset ->
http://www.anandtech.com/show/11164/amd-gdc-2017-asynchronous-reprojection-for-vr-vega-gets-a-server...;

BeastyBaiter
Superstar
My previous card was an RX 480 and if I hadn't just bought a GTX 1080 TI last week, I'd give Vega a very serious look. Sadly the RX 480 just wasn't powerful enough for the main reason I bought VR in the first place, to play DCS in VR instead of on a 1440p monitor. The RX 480 is a beastly 1440p card, but I it was no where close to what is needed for VR in DCS. Hell, even the 1080 TI struggles to hold 45 fps and Vega 64 on liquid isn't expected to be any faster. It's unfortunate AMD has taken so long getting Vega out, I do like AMD's drivers/software better and the stuff tends to just be nicer to use overall. But it's just too late. I'm happy with my R5 1600x though, very nice CPU :).

Morgrum
Expert Trustee
Ive been burnt by AMD a few times ill stick with Nvedia.
WAAAGH!

cybereality
Grand Champion
I'm planning on getting Vega, really excited. Also, it's been a while since the last @molokow poll. I knew the forum was missing something...
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

elboffor
Consultant
@Techy111 how are you voting?
This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.

Techy111
MVP
MVP

I'm planning on getting Vega, really excited. Also, it's been a while since the last @molokow poll. I knew the forum was missing something...

elboffor said:

@Techy111 how are you voting?

Missing something? Nah cyber lol 

And @elboffor I'm abstaining from frog votes as usual.
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Percy1983
Superstar
Will stick with my 290x for now, may replace it with a Vega 56 if they get cheap enough.
Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 + 16GB RAM 1866mhz + i5-3570K at 4.5Ghz + Coolermaster Nepton 140XL cooler Sapphire 8GB RX 580 Nitro+ 256Gb SDD Samsung Evo 850 +3x2TB in raid 0 with 64GB SSD cache Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition + Toughpower 875w