cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error with Lone Echo

CPackrun
Honored Guest

So I just bought Lone Echo and when I tried playing it I got this error:

Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again later. (OVR75318303) If this issue continues, please visit Oculus Support to get help. Package ready-at-dawn-lone-echo (ready) Failed to launch app. (1971014)

I tried restarting the Oculus App, my computer, and I reinstalled the game. I keep getting this error. 

Any help out there?

22 REPLIES 22

CPackrun
Honored Guest
NVM Might have figured it out

JDW007
Honored Guest
how did you figure it out...I got this error also...and now can't play game

LilTrashPanda
Expert Protege
Hi @JDW007,

I haven't seen this error before, but does reinstalling the app resolve it? You might also try force-restarting the Oculus desktop app (you can do this by clicking the cog wheel -> Settings -> Beta -> Restart Oculus). After it's restarting, you could then log out and log back in and that could resolve this error.

Please let us know if any of the steps above resolve this issue for you!

Marculus_Aurift
Explorer
I am getting the same error message and have not been able to play Lone Echo since the update. 

Marculus_Aurift
Explorer
Tried rebooting and cog wheel -> Settings -> Beta -> Restart Oculus ... but no joy... 
If I reinstall will I lose my progress in the game?  Does reinstalling even solve the problem?

Marculus_Aurift
Explorer
***Workaround*** ... McAfee didn't like something about this update  and quarantined LoneEcho.exe which is located at C:\Program Files\Oculus\Software\Software\ready-at-dawn-lone-echo\bin\win7\LoneEcho.exe.  I restored the file and tried to start the game from the Oculus app interface and McAfee promptly quarantined LoneEcho.exe again.  I restored the file and set an exception in McAfee firewall for LoneEcho.exe but it quarantined again.  I restored again and scanned the file with McAfee and McAfee finds no problem with the file.  I then launched LoneEcho.exe by double clicking on it directly from C:\Program Files\Oculus\Software\Software\ready-at-dawn-lone-echo\bin\win7\LoneEcho.exe and I was able to play the game.  So I've placed a shortcut to LoneEcho.exe on my desktop and I start the game from the shortcut.

Marculus_Aurift
Explorer
Update: McAfee has started quarantining the file again and I can't launch the executable from it's home directory. 

From McAfee LiveSafe: 
Threats Detected
JTI/Suspect!65750

This appears to be a false positive but I'm still looking for a fix.

cybereality
Grand Champion
If you are having this issue, can you please upload your Oculus LogGatherer log file?
https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/33792/how-to-get-logs-for-bug-reports-for-consumer-ri...
Also, if you believe you found a conflict, such as with McAfee anti-virus, can you take screenshots of the anti-virus error/quarantine popups or any additional information that may help us track this down? Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Marculus_Aurift
Explorer

If you are having this issue, can you please upload your Oculus LogGatherer log file?
https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/33792/how-to-get-logs-for-bug-reports-for-consumer-ri...
Also, if you believe you found a conflict, such as with McAfee anti-virus, can you take screenshots of the anti-virus error/quarantine popups or any additional information that may help us track this down? Thanks.

yes, will do.  I'm in the process of registering an account at McAfee to let them know about this and see if there's some help for this on their end.