New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Analog brush size adjustment?

RavenWorksRavenWorks Posts: 52
Hiro Protagonist
I'll preface this by saying that I'm using prerelease Touch hardware (CO7L), so this might be something that affects me but not users with the final hardware....

But, would it be possible to have the speed that the joystick changes the brush size at, be a factor of how far the joystick is being pushed? (I'm assuming the touch sticks are analog for both extent and direction?)

As it is right now, if I push my stick about 1/3 of the way out, the meter grows but the arrow doesn't move; if I push it about 2/3 of the way out, the arrow starts moving; and if I push it beyond that, there's no perceptible change, there's just that single "it's past 2/3" constant speed.

Is this what it's like for everyone, or is this a fluke of pre-release joysticks not being sensitive enough? It's almost close enough for tools like Clay and Paint, but for things like Move where the maximum size is so huge, touching the joystick for even a moment makes it like 4x bigger than it was a moment ago; I have to keep flicking the joystick as gently as I can to try and nudge it by as little as possible, while still passing the threshold that makes it change at all…

Comments

• nalex66nalex66 Posts: 3,321 Power Poster
    They added an analogue adjustment mode in the last update. Click the thumbstick in, and you can move your hand to adjust the brush size. It gives you much better control than you could ever have with the little thumbstick. 
    i7 5820K 4.25 GHz | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair LPX 32GB DDR4 3000 | Corsair Hydro H100i | Corsair HX750
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Samsung 850 Evo SSD 1 TB | Samsung 840 Evo SSD 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3TB
    My Oculus Medium sketchbook thread, and my Oculus Medium Gallery
  • RavenWorksRavenWorks Posts: 52
    Hiro Protagonist
    Oh, thanks for the tip! That doesn't really help me much in the case of the Move tool, though -- the size you set with that feature is the size of the INNER radius, which I usually have set to zero, which means the outer radius always just becomes enormously large..... I'd have to open the menu, set inner radius to 100, do the click+drag thing, then open the menu and set it back to zero, every time I want to resize the brush.

So close, though! Could there be a way to set which radius this gesture defines?
  • P3nT4gR4mP3nT4gR4m Posts: 1,013 Poster of the Week
    Yeah the move tool thumbclick scaling could do with fixing.