/ Forums
New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Is my PC vr ready or should I upgrade?

ArachyArachy Posts: 2
Virtual Boy (or Girl)
I currently have an i3 6100 and a gtx 1050 Ti. I know these are the minimum specs for the rift but would it handle it well or should I upgrade to an i5? If so, does anyone have any suggestions for a good i5? I was thinking the 7600, but I'm pretty new to PC parts

Comments

• cleanupdisccleanupdisc Posts: 166
    Art3mis
    I would upgrade the gpu, and cpu
  • edmgedmg Posts: 992
    3Jane
    Are you on Windows 10? If so, I'd give it a try first and see how well it works.

Windows 10 has support for ASW, which lets you play games at 45fps and generates the extra frames to boost that up to 90. But apparently it does introduce some artifacts that you might find annoying.

Right now is probably a bad time to upgrade a PC because AMD have some good CPUs out again, and Intel are rushing out their next generation to try to beat them.
  • ArachyArachy Posts: 2
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    edmg said:
    Are you on Windows 10? If so, I'd give it a try first and see how well it works.

Windows 10 has support for ASW, which lets you play games at 45fps and generates the extra frames to boost that up to 90. But apparently it does introduce some artifacts that you might find annoying.

Right now is probably a bad time to upgrade a PC because AMD have some good CPUs out again, and Intel are rushing out their next generation to try to beat them.
    Yes I am on Windows 10, I have seen a couple of videos of some computers that can run the Rift and Touch with the i3 but I wasn't sure how it would handle more popular and demanding games.
  • BadDanMEBadDanME Posts: 38
    Lawnmower Man (or Woman)
    If you are willing to buy a Rift AND new PC parts, then I would just buy the Rift for now and see how it works. If it´s good, all is fine. If not, go and upgrade your PC.