cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Robo Recall crash on launch (Always)

AugGust
Honored Guest
Since i got my rift with touch a few days ago, Robo Recall has never been able to launch. Everytime it launches i get the loading screen in the rift, while on my monitor i get this black window. A few seconds in and then bam: Robo Recall has stopped working
yx7do86zoivj.png

I've tried reinstalling the game, deleting the save folder in "appdata/local", launching it with admin or compatibility settings but nothing worked! Every other game i've tried works perfectly. Anybody knows why? Thanks...

Nvidia driver on latest version - 385.28
Crash log attached

Last line from crash log: Error: Unexpected crash type detected at runtime (31)
Oculus Rift CV1 | Oculus Touch | Oculus Rift DK2 | 2 Oculus Sensors
i5-3570K | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1
10 REPLIES 10

cybereality
Grand Champion
Is Windows fully up to date? If you have the Win 10 Creators Update, try disabling Game Mode. Also try to disable anti-virus and/or allow Robo Recall in your firewall exceptions.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

AugGust
Honored Guest
Yep i'm on the Creators update, just disabled game mode, allowed the "RoboRecall-Win64-Shipping.exe" through the firewall and disabled Windows Defender (no other anti-virus). Still with the exact problem...

AugGust
Honored Guest
I'm guessing you're out of ideas why this is happening?  :'(

cybereality
Grand Champion
Try installing these (for the first link install both x86 and x64):

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784
https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=35
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

AugGust
Honored Guest
Just did all 3. First 2 reported that i already had them so i just ran "repair". DirectX installer determined that i already have an equivalent or newer version so it won't install... Restarted my PC after and bam, still no difference 😕

AugGust
Honored Guest
Not sure if this helps to pinpoint the problem, but i'm getting a similar issue with echo arena now too. The game launches with a weird looking window that is almost entirely white, then the whole app just closes without throwing any errors

EDIT: Never mind i figured out how to get echo arena to work. Back to just robo recall not working...

AugGust
Honored Guest
Okay i had the exact same problem with robo recall as echo arena. Apparently i cannot launch either of these games with my rift on (from oculus home) or put the headset on for the first 10 seconds or so while they are launching. I have to launch them from my desktop, wait until they unfreeze (which is about 10-20 seconds) and then put on the headset.

I guess this is... solved?

2ndLastJedi
Protege
I have the excact same issue, i have only fired up my Rift twice, both times testing performance from my i5 6600k and 1080ti and all games seem to run beautifully except Robo Recall. 
I'm not allowed to play again till Christmas as this is a present from my Wife so hopefully you workaround wait till it loads works for me then. 
Merry Christmas. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the excact same issue, i have only fired up my Rift twice, both times testing performance from my i5 6600k and 1080ti and all games seem to run beautifully except Robo Recall. 
I'm not allowed to play again till Christmas as this is a present from my Wife so hopefully you workaround wait till it loads works for me then. 
Merry Christmas. 

Well that's certainly grounds for divorce! 😛

Just make sure you get a GREAT lawyer otherwise she'll end up with custody of the Rift 😮 😄