cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB SENSORS WONT READ AFTER PC UPDATE

CurtisHeintz
Honored Guest
My oculus  rift  was working perfectly before i updated to the new  windows update on my pc. Right after the update was done it couldn't  read both of  my sensors. I   have tried putting both of the USB's  in different  ports and tried uninstalling the oculus set  up and re-downloading  but  nothing  has  worked. 
6 REPLIES 6

juanoldinho
Heroic Explorer
Moving to Community
Please tag me, @juanoldinho, in your forum post/response if you need immediate assistance or want additional support or context on an issue you are having with our software or integrations.

Having an issue with our platform, services, or integrations?

Try using our new bug tool to report this and receive emailed updates as we proceed to address it internally.

Morgrum
Expert Trustee
Only thing I can suggest would be to find out what USB devices you have download their drivers.
Uninstall your drivers and reinstall the proper ones.
WAAAGH!

flexy123
Superstar
* Deinstall Oculus
* UNPLUG everything Oculus
* Reboot
* Let Windows find/install drivers (possible it finds some)
* Reboot again, just to be sure
* Plug in everything Oculus
* Then re-install Oculus

HammerofHeaven
Explorer
I had to revert to a previous version of Windows to get my sensors to come back. 

Killroy_ITA
Protege
Yes but before or later you must to install the new patch, in Windows 10 you can't control the update. For the next time, check the power management of Windows and of the USB ports, usually the problem depend of it.

Ciao Massimo