cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lone Echo: cannot connect the thing to the chair (spoilers inside!)

patterner
Honored Guest
I've gotten to the point where I need to connect the defibrillator to the chair and the bloody thing won't connect.  I see the connector on the chair, and the connector on the unit, but it doesn't do anything.  And all I hear is "I need to connect the defibrillator to the life support unit" over and over and over.  What am I doing wrong?
13 REPLIES 13

Roaster
Rising Star
Maybe a time limit expires?  Could you have it upside down?  The two electrodes are visible at the bottom towards Liv's feet.  I got it to stick on two playthroughs and it's very like the arms and legs on the labor units. when it's lined up it sticks.  It came loose after use one time and I tried to reattach it but it wouldn't stick.
i7-5820K @ 4.2Ghz, water cooled, Asus X99-Pro USB 3.1, 48 Gb DDR4 2400, Samsung 950 pro M.2 SSD, GTX 980 Ti SC, 750w psu

patterner
Honored Guest
I've turned it every which way.  I think I might have an actual bug...I watched the play through and the chair never turns into the cocoon looking thing, it just stays a chair.  I'm able to open her helmet, but she's sitting upright the whole time, and when it comes time to connect the defibrillator, I get nada.  I'm going to try going back to an earlier save and see if that does the trick.

beastuak
Honored Guest
I'm having the exact same bug. Any help greatly appreciated.

aerodyne
Protege
Have you taken the two 'pucks' off of the defib and fitted them to the chair? 

Roaster
Rising Star
The disks go on after setting the defib unit, but they both connect to the life support pod, not the chair.  Apollo extends the pod automatically. Can't remember exactly when, but all you have to do is rewrite the ai core and kill the spores and raise her visor.
i7-5820K @ 4.2Ghz, water cooled, Asus X99-Pro USB 3.1, 48 Gb DDR4 2400, Samsung 950 pro M.2 SSD, GTX 980 Ti SC, 750w psu

MountainManGuy
Honored Guest
This is actually bugged.  Has nobody else experienced this?  I cannot finish the game, because the chair is bugged.  I literally witnessed the chair bug out when I first entered the room.  I don't get it.

Roaster, there is no life support pod.  Its a chair.  It shows Live sitting upright in a chair.  I watched a walk through on youtube and my game does not reflect the youtubers game.

MountainManGuy
Honored Guest
Devs?  Anyone?

csiro
Honored Guest
I hit the same bug. The chair never extended but I managed to somehow connect the deflibirator to where it’s supposed to go. It ended up hanging in the air. Same thing with the 2 pads that goes on top of the pods. Only way I could finish the game. Reloading did not help with extending the chair. 

YoLolo69
Trustee
I didn't have any issue through this part and just in case it may help here a video at this moment. Don't watch it more if you don't want to be spoiled :

https://youtu.be/ZnNC7iM_Rxc?t=2695

Edit, mmm, it don't want to go at the exact point, jump to 45 minutes

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 10700K,  RTX 3070, 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz, Oculus Rift CV1